1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating when questioning still...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CuriousArticles, Oct 24, 2014.

1. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm in a place at the moment where I'm not really sure who I'm attracted to and just taking everything how it comes.

But I've started seeing this guy. Who is great, but I'm not really sure how I feel about him and it's worrying me as I don't want to string him along or anything. I feel like I should tell him about the whole not being sure about my orientation thing, but its a pretty private thing to tell someone you barely know. And I don't want to be that person who uses someone for an experiment, then says "hey, yeah, I'm gay" or something.

I dunno what to do :icon_sad:

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of the only ways to help you better determine who you are, is to date and see how the person you are dating feels to you. Whether gay, Bi or Straight, dating is not marriage and no life long commitments are made. Everyone who dates knows it might work out just the same as it might not.

Take your time.

3. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for replying :slight_smile: I guess you're right. I'm not very good at dating or giving things a chance, so I'm trying to change that.

Do you think it's weird to tell him at some point about my questioning? Probably not soon... don't know. It feels weird to tell him, but also such a huge thing to keep hidden!!

---------- Post added 26th Oct 2014 at 09:49 PM ----------

Has anyone else been in this position???

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I came out, I had an almost identical scenario, except I was concerned that when I told someone I had kids, they would go running for the hills.

There is no right or wrong time as to when you should mention your concerns to a date. My suggestion would be to do so when you have a level of comfort and trust with the person your dating.