1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask her if we can hangout?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by littlered4517, Oct 25, 2014.

1. littlered4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    She goes out with friends every Monday night to a pool bar. She has told me before I should join but it never got brought up much after that casual mention. I'd love to go but like I said it hasn't been brought back up. I want to join her Monday night just to hangout, relax & have fun. How do I ask her if I can go with her? Afraid I'll sound pathetic or something.

2. ForeverYoung000

Hey Littlered

Tell her you've decided to change your mind and see what the pool bar is like. If it doesn't suit you on the first visit then you know you don't like it. If you do end up liking it, then you'll probably be able to go every Monday. XD

- Esther

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you might just say you thought about it and if she goes on monday.. and you would like to join...

4. littlered4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well the last time she offered was a few wks ago before I told her I had feelings for her. She's gay as well but just got out of a relationship and doesn't feel the same way about me which is fine. I just want to hangout like we used to or were starting to do. We talked this morning and I asked her if she was uncomfortable around me and she said no.

So I'm just trying to figure out how to ask without it seeming like I'm trying to flirt or date her

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you might emphasize that you want to have a bit of fun with her and her friends...
    and that you appreciate your friendship...

6. littlered4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeah I was thinking something like casually bringing up pool and asking her what the name of the place is and then saying yeah I've been meaning to check it out ever since you told me about it but just haven't made the time and see where that leads. What do you think?

7. Really

You're starting to obsess a little bit, aren't you? Hmmm. I think yes.

I don't think you can go this Monday but you could ask her after how it went. And then see if she invites you again. You could mention how it sounded fun.

It seems like you've worked yourself up into a small tizzy about her and are going to have to chill out a bit. She'll still be there in a couple of weeks. You're not doing yourself any favours fretting about this so much. I'm totally sympathetic to your plight but if you can manage to relax about this, you'll feel much better.

8. littlered4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've calmed down about the awkwardness or what I thought was awkwardness between us especially after talking to her today and telling her I've been worried she was uncomfortable around me--which was something I hadn't told her yet--and her saying she wasn't because if she was she'd have told me. So since I feel better about that I'm just focused on restoring friendship. I do like your idea though about asking her how Monday went and seeing what she says. Doesn't seem as forward & that's what I was trying to figure out how to avoid.