1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hate being called sexy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by geoworld24, Oct 25, 2014.

1. geoworld24

geoworld24 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been talking to this guy online/phone/text for about 2 weeks and had one date so far. We have great chats and he's totally charming and somewhat attractive. I like being with him. The problem is he is always calling me "sexy" (hi sexy, your looking sexy today, bye sexy, etc) and I find it really weird and kind of wince when he says it. I don't know why I don't like it, but I don't and I wish I did. I guess it may be because I don't feel sexy at all, and I fear he's just being charitable and the whole relationship is a sham. This is my first real attempt at a relationship and I have no clue what I'm doing. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

2. Clay

It's called flirting, it's a thing people do when they like someone.

You should try flirting back.

3. LaLaBelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, either you can give him an alternative or tell him how you feel... My 'friend' (I don't know what to call us, tbh) calls me "sexy" and I used to get onto him about. I'm a very "cute" person, I believe that some of us were not meant to be "sexy", lol. It is what it is. Just talk to him and explain that you're not comfortable, that's not to say you won't ever be or one day won't view yourself as being sexy, you just need some time...

Good luck to you!

4. Blossom85

I think perhaps talking to him about how you feel is a good idea. He isn't a mind reader, so he might think you like it for all he knows, so maybe just mention you don't really like it when he calls you sexy and you would prefer him to call you something else.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, just tell him you think he's overusing it. That said, don't get so negative that you think everything he's doing is a sham. Sometimes it's hard to accept someone finds you attractive if you are comparing yourself to those who look more "stereotypically attractive".

6. Confused Teen18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tell him you don't like it. He is flirting because he likes you. Don't be too aggressive about it.

7. ChameleonSoul

I'm guessing that he isn't trying to be offensive, just trying to flirt with you. If you tell him that you don't like being called "sexy" without being overly aggressive, he'll stop. Just let him know that this isn't you friendzoning him, just you being uncomfortable with that specific word.

8. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a former boyfriend call me "Baby" all the time. Like you, I thought that was odd whenever he said it. I told him how I felt, and it stopped for a bit, but then he went back to calling me that.

As I originally said, "former boyfriend".........(and no, that's not the real reason why we broke up)