1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating an Asexual

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ChapterOne, Oct 26, 2014.

1. ChapterOne

ChapterOne Guest

I'm not really asking for advice, although feel free to give me some in the comments. So, I recently started going out with a girl at my school. She treats me great and I really feel in love for the first time, although I am only fourteen. She's my first girlfriend which comes with so many obstacles in itself, so her being asexual at first was a problem for me. I am young and I absolutely did not and do not want to participate in any serious sexual activities, but I did want to show physical affection with her; holding hands, kissing, stuff like that. When I found out she was "ace" as she calls it, I started feeling frustrated and worried about any boundaries she had. We talked it over and just last night she came over and we were cuddling on the couch, giggling, tickling each other and kissing each other's cheeks. Turns out being asexual in no way means normal boundaries for a ninth grader and a tenth grader don't apply. Anyways, just wanted to let people know that there are many misconceptions about asexuality and that you should respect your partner's boundaries no matter what. :kiss:

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your very sweet!

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Awwww this is so cute

4. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Great post :slight_smile:

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Ah yeah, a lot of people seem to have the misconception that anyone asexual doesn't enjoy intimate contact; there are even asexuals who enjoy sex, they just lack sexual attraction, is all!

Consent is key regardless, and as someone who's partially ace myself, I really appreciate the respect you have for your partner, making sure not to cross over any boundaries.

6. theflyingelf

Out Status:
    A few people
    I love the happy stories :slight_smile:

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian