1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm afraid we r getting closer !

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rayan, Oct 26, 2014.

1. rayan

rayan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Recently my best friend came out to me . I used to have a crush on him when he was in the closet but when he refused i me , i managed to get over my feelings and to be friends .
    When he came out i suggested to be friends , best friends and nothing more .
    Lately I've been having this feelings for him that i should not have . I keep trying not to think about him and reminding myself that we are only be friends. I don't wanna risk our friendship as it is the best thing that have ever happened to me . So , how can i draw the limits so that our friendship won't end badly .

2. DarkestDream

Hi Rayan :slight_smile: My thoughts are, why not take a chance...a relationship is based on FRIENDSHIP first, right? Not saying you have to move right in to anything, but it's a thought. :slight_smile: I'll keep good thoughts for you!

3. rayan

rayan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's simply because i'm done with getting my heart broken over and over again . I had several crushes on friends before , of course not as huge as this time . In fact the previous ones were when i was questioning my sexuality , so i don't know where to classify them . Bottom line , his friendship means a lot to me and if that means that i have to switch off any feelings toward him then i'll do it . But yet , i don't know how but the sooner is better .

4. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rest assured, whether it's with him or someone else, chances are high that your heart may be broken again. Hopefully you hit the jackpot with whomever you fall in love with next and live happily ever after, but there is always that risk.

So, if the risk is there with whomever you might fall for, and your already best friends, and you feel like your falling for him, it would seem like you should go with your heart.

Go for it!

5. robclem21

I agree. The best relationships are based on strong friendship first. You already have that and you will 99% at some point in the future have your heart broken by something. If you are giving up trying because of that reason, you will never be truly happy again. All things good require taking big risks. Maybe this is one of those times?

6. rayan

rayan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are other dimensions i should have mentioned before . The situation is a little bit more complicated . Firstly ,we study medicine in Jordan -in the middle east - . Secondly I'm not planning to stay in Jordan after i graduate , i'll complete my specialty in the states and so he wish to do the same . But he is 3 years younger than me so our RS will come to an end eventually , of course we will stay in contact but it will be easier if we just stayed friends . And last but not the least , he is only out to me , and i don't think his family will accept that nicely esp if they find out that we r in a relationship . I already went through a lot in the past few years , and i'm not ready for more drama . I'll try to find a way to keep our friendship settled and not shaky and this won't happen if we crossed the line we put for our feelings .