1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'd like to go to the GSA, but...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tardis2020, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Tardis2020

It conflicts with science quiz bowl!!!!!!!!!!!
    For those who don't know:
    Science quiz bowl is a head-to-head buzzer-based competition in all fields of science. Two teams of 5, 4 playing 1 sub sitting out, compete in games consisting of 25 question, you have 5 seconds to answer if not, they move on to the next question. Its run by the US department of energy, if you win your regional competition (I did in 8th grade) then you get an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington DC for a few days for the national competition.

I'm a freshman in high school and I made the A team, the only one that competes, for my school. This is pretty much my ultimate dream come true.
    Except, it meets on the same days as my school's GSA, Thursday. I can't get the date for SQB changed because Thursday was the only day that worked for the everyone. What can I do? I'd really like to be a part of the GSA, but there is NO way in hell I would miss even one meeting of SQB it requires pretty much complete devotion.

#1 Tardis2020, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. PurpleGrey

Damn. That's quite the dilemma. If they were at different times in the day, you could manage, but I don't know if you can fix that...

3. Tardis2020

I'm probably going to email the teacher to see if the GSA does or will meet on different days. I'm hoping it works out.
    Side note: I heard a boy I know who is in a lot of my classes talking to a girl friend about a boy he likes. Yay, not the only lgbt 9th grader at my school!