1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My best friend friend zoned me, but I still get mixed signals

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DaniGirl11, Oct 26, 2014.

1. DaniGirl11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my one friend told me about this forum and how awesome it is so I thought I would give it a try. I'll try make this as sort and simple as possible :slight_smile:

I am having really confusing issues with my best friend. She is gay, and I am bi. We only met at the beginning of the year but we hit it off straight away. She had a girlfriend at the time and my only intention was friendship. Over time however we would hang out a lot and became super close. She would tell me everything and confide in me. Also... we are both major flirts, she more physically, me more verbally... Our other friends would always comment that there was so much sexual tension between us. And I have to admit there was.

Her girlfriend at the moment doesn't treat her well at all. They are constantly fighting, she never gets invited to spend time with her gf's family because her gf is embarrassed about dating a girl (my friend "turned" her so she was straight before her). She will tell people they are just friends and refuses to show PDA. My friend is constantly over at my place being depressed about how this girl treats her. But she is SOO desperately in love with her still.

Here is where it gets interesting.

One evening my friend invited me over to her place and basically we drank a little and she confessed her feelings for me, as did I, and we kissed. I had been suppressing these feelings for a while, but they had gradually grown stronger. Nothing else happened that night. The next day was kinda weird, as we didn't really talk about it. The following day at soccer, she arrived with her girlfriend acting as if nothing happened. I was so confused and hurt.

A week or so later I confronted her about it. I had been pulling away and being offish so she asked me what was wrong. I told her how hurt I was that she made me fall for her and then just left me in the cold. Her reason was that she is scared to lose me, and she did a pros and cons to dating me and she thinks it would be better to remain friends. Keep in mind that her girlfriend told me she has such a soft spot for me and always talks about me.

I was hurt but I accepted what my friend said and decided we could be friends. I'm going to be honest here and say I still have feelings for this girl but I suppress them. Lately she has been at my house everyday and most nights. Esp since the drama with her gf has escalated. She still flirts with me hectically via play fights, contact, hugging, cuddling. But what took me over the edge, was when we went out recently and we danced and made out the entire night.
    Next day was like nothing happened. :dry:

I am so confused as to why she is doing this to me. She wants to be friends but will still make out with me and flirt?? I am literally her only close friend and she has no family here.. so I'd feel bad if I just stopped contact with her. Things are so confusing. I just want to know if she really does want us to be friends or if she is maybe harboring feelings for me too? Mix signals are killing me.:bang:

2. Holly82

Take a step back.

What would your opinion be of someone who was doing this to someone else? Objectively think about it. Remove you and her from the situation.