1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by addicted, Oct 27, 2014.

1. addicted

I'm a 22 year old female and is currently in a relationship of 2 years with a butch.

My story is long, so please bear with me.

I met my gf at work, at that point I knew that she had a gf studying in a different country. I did not pay much attention to it. In the duration that I worked at that place, I broke of with my ex(a male) of three and a half years. I realised I did not love him, and the relationship had been dragging on for too long.

Around 2 months later, my gf send me a fb message wishing me happy birthday. I was then when we first started talking more. She would walked me to the bus stop after work and we will talk on the phone for hours. Even when she had to work early the next day. At that moment, I did not think too much of it.

Is was after 2 weeks later when she kissed me on the lips. That was when we got together officially. We initially thought that us being together would be just for fun thing. We did not take it seriously. As the days passed, I started to fall in love with her.

It was after three months in the relationship when she confessed to her gf about me. Her gf did not want to break up with her. At that point, we were having arguments. Not major ones, but often we will storm away in anger. And call each other after a few hours later to reconcile. There was this occasion, where both of us stormed away in anger. But none of us initiated to call. I was feeling so moody at the moment that I overdosed on panadol.

Luckily I was discovered early by my family, and send to the hospital. I was in ICU for a few days, and every night she would come down to the hospital and spend a few hours with me. After that, our arguments died down for awhile.

About half a year later, she officially broke up with her gf. I moved into her place about a year into our relationship.But things between us also started getting worse. She has a bad temper. And will sometimes lose control of her temper. Initially it was throwing things around, but then it got worse. Often I will try to hug her to calm her down, and she will push me away. She would act like a kid throwing a tantrum and getting defensive. I start to get very bad bruises.

I know she does it in the fit of the moment. So I forgive her time and time again. In the beginning, she would apologize for it. Now, she just keeps quiet.

Recently her ex gf got in touch with her. She knows her ex gf is still in love with her and still continues to meet up with her even though I told her I don't like it. Especially when we quarrel now, she will call and meet up with her ex gf. On the other hand, when we quarrel I would just go home for a few days. However when I get back to her place, she would accuse me of meeting some guy.

She is the one doing things behind my back, yet she accuses me. I'm very hurt by it. Now even when we quarrel, she does not care whether I cry. When I try to talk things out with her, she would just shut me off and refuse to listen. When she is upset, she just compares me with her ex gf. Her words hurt me alot, and she doesn't apologize for it.

We have also gotten less intimate. In the beginning, we would make love almost every other day. Now we don't even make out once in a few months. When I approached her about it, she would just says she is tired. I asked if she is not interested in me anymore, she just asks me not too think too much. Am I just being too sensitive?

I really don't know what to do. I really love her, but I don't like how she is acting right now. This is my first girl relationship, and I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't have any questions on my sexuality. I just believe that I love a person, regardless my partner being a male or a female.

I want to know why she is acting in this way.

Please advice...

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless she is willing to confront whatever issues are driving her into these fits of temper, nothing will improve I'm afraid. Why is she acting like this? What is causing it? Maybe she doesn't know herself anymore. If she has become used to flying off the handle and losing control, it could be so deeply embedded into her character that it will take a lot of unravelling.

I'm sorry to be so direct, but you really need to consider if it's worth staying in the firing line as the potential for more violent explosions increases. Even if she isn't throwing things or losing control she is showing a lack of warmth and sensitivity towards you and accusing you of meeting men. Her words are as scary as her temper.

For as much as you love her, she isn't demonstrating a lot of love for you right now. You have already experienced one emotional crisis during this relationship and I'm very concerned that you may be heading for another if you stay.

Please consider your well-being. This is nothing to do with your sexuality, but it has everything to do with reasonable behaviour in a genuine, loving relationship (be it gay or straight).