1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is she doing to me? what do I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by flee4517, Oct 27, 2014.

1. flee4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I recently told one of my closest friends (who is a lot older & a lesbian too) that I had feelings for her. She just got out of a 5 yr relationship. She told me that she liked me too but basically that she didn't want another relationship right now. I told her I hope things won't be awkward between us and she said they won't but it feels like they are.

There's days (up until the last 2 weeks) where we'll talk nonstop & flirt but then there's days like the last 2 weeks where she just flat out avoids me. She won't call or text and when we're around each other she won't look at me & barely speaks to me. She'll say we should go out and do this or this and then she's back to ignoring me.

What's going on?? Why tell me things won't be awkward & that she likes hanging out with me if she's going to do nothing but avoid me? I don't know how to act around her anymore. I try to talk to her and she just replies with a few words. I try to joke around with her either in person/text or on Facebook and nothing. It actually seems like when I start joking around is when she shuts me out.

I'm not trying to flirt I'm just trying to act like I used to before I told her I liked her.

Advice please?? I feel so unwanted & alone now....