1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Distance Relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by js92, Oct 28, 2014.

1. js92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone,

So my issue right now is that I'm in a serious relationship, but since I'm currently in the military and about to get out of the military, I had to leave him in California and I'm going back to live back home 3000 miles away. My boyfriend and I have been through a lot together, but I don't know when (if anytime soon) I'll be able to be with him again. It makes me sad because I'm afraid we might gradually drift apart since we're so far away from each other. Has anybody else been in a serious relationship that turned into a long distance one? If so, how did you deal with it and did you end the relationship because of the distance?

2. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't had one, but i do know what you are going through. As my GF and i have had a discussion of her going to another state for school. The best thing i can say, is that if both ends really want it to work, it will. Just be cause you aren't together doesn't mean the love stops, it may be difficult at times but it is possible if you work together. This is definitely a discussion you should be having with him, now a little advice on here sure does not hurt. Does he know you are about to be moving back? What is his view on long distance? How long have you been together? (From seeing friends, the longer a couple has been together the higher the chance of it working.)

3. js92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah he does know.. I'm currently out of California so I've been away from him for about a month.. We've been in a relationship for a little over a year and a half.. I want it to work and so does he but neither of us have any idea of when we will be back together mostly due to the fact that financially I can't afford to move to California right now.. And he's staying there since that's where his whole life is set up there already

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Long distance relationships can work, though they are very tough. It sounds like there's real love between you, so I wouldn't give up on it just yet if I were you. I always say you never know what's around the corner and circumstances do change- sometimes unexpectedly. It sounds like you've been through hard times before and come out the other side, maybe this is just another obstacle to overcome! :slight_smile: I hope it goes well for you guys whatever happens.