1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help getting a boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ch59, Oct 28, 2014.

1. ch59

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So all the boys I have liked just all go wrong for some reason. My first love I already talked about but that one failed. My second love was a guy named Sam , and we met at a camp and everything went perfect and it was like a movie but he was straight and then we left the camp and have never seen each other. My next love was also a boy named Sam in my class and it was awesome amd I thought he was gay cuz when we were having a pillow fight he stopped on top of me laid down on top of me, said he loved me and we cuddled for like 20 minutes but then like a few weeks later he said he wasn't and never was or will be. Then I thought I met a guy tonight who seemed perfect in every little way but again is probably a dead end as well. At this point in my life I just dont think I will ever just meet someone like in a ssceneof a movie and instantly fall in love. To top it all off I am only out to a few people. I also don't want to be out to the world cuz I plan to play professional sports and I dont think I can handle being the first gay athlete in a sport. Maybe i will be out for the one but I dont think its ever going to happen. I also have alittle bit of depressions so I push people away that get close so that they dont have to be around me. I just need some help please?

2. Notlad

Having the same problem you are. I haven't had any sort of relationship in a while. But something will come around that will work out. Just have to hold out.

3. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't give up, there is a guy out there for you. You shouldn't worry about trying so hard, relax, let it come naturally. The best thing you can do, is be you. Like guys you like, if they turn out straight, try again. If they turn out gay, Fantastic! Don't be so caught up in dating, guys will come eventually :grin:

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @zygnomic Yeah I keep telling myself that I'll find someone one day, but that alone is hard to wrap my head around. I almost seem so desperate for dating, probably because everyone is doing it lol

5. ch59

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, there is this guy I just met who I know is perfect in every way. I dont even know what he looks like But his personality is spectacular. Anyways I act reatrded alot. Like if I was myself we would be perfect together but for the last year my life just fell apart. I cant talk as good, I can't just be myself and I don't know why. Like half the time I am funny and great to be around but the other half of the time I am in a bad mood and act like a dick. How can I cha nge this?

6. Trooper

Same here! Problem is, the more I like a guy and feel he might like me, the more I start shutting myself off. A really annoying subconscious defense mechanism. :dry:

7. ChameleonSoul

*Takes notes hoping to solve the exact same problem for me...*

8. ChameleonSoul

*Bookmarks page and takes notes...*

9. ch59

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Usually my first few weeks with the person Iin real life goes extremely well. Like beyond perfect but then I distance myselfe, like I think stuff in my head thats funny or something that should be said but I care so much I don't say it if that makes sense. Idk i need help

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't just wait for a relationship to be happy. Work on improving your own situation (becoming financially independent/secure, getting healthier or doing things that interest you, hanging out with platonic friends so you don't think boyfriends are the only options, etc.). That way, when you meet a nice guy, you will be in a better position to make this relationship work. When you're at a point in your life where you don't care if you're single or dating is when you know you're going into a relationship to share your happiness, not to live off someone else's.