1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have strong feelings for my best friend, Need Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by xplodingpassion, Oct 28, 2014.

1. xplodingpassion

I've been really good friends with this guy since we started working together 1 1/2 yrs ago and I have developed strong feeling towards him lately. He's straight and I don't want to tell him because the last thing i'd want to do is lose him as a friend. I've tried and tried to lose my feelings for him but they just keep growing. Please give me so advice on how to lose these feelings for him, I don't know what to do

2. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just went threw this so I want to share with you . I lost my best friend because I waited to long to say something and come to find out he knew almost the whole time I had feelings for him and he had them for me too . I am not saying to tell him I am saying be careful how you deal with him ,maybe you can talk to him and find out how he feels about bisexuals and gay people if he is positive maybe come out to him and slowly move forward . Good luck I wish you the best of luck.

3. xplodingpassion

he knows i'm bisexual and he's fine with it, i'm sure he's 100% straight so i dont wanna tell him about my feelings but i talk to him almost daliy on FB or txt and everytime i do my feelings only grow

4. lb41974

lb41974 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well that is awesome that he acepts you for the way you are ! I am not to sure how to deal with the problem with out saying he buddy I need to tell you something,we have been friends for ____ and I feel I can tell you this .I have feelings for you .

I am not sure that is the best idea tho .I wish I could help you better good luck friend !

5. xplodingpassion

thanks for the advice i'm not gonna say anything to him (not now at least) but it's nice to hear i'm not alone with this problem

6. ryanalexander61

You need to try and find someone that at least has the chance at reciprocating your feelings. The only way to get over someone is a combination of time, distance and distraction. You need to throttle back on the "talk all the time" (slowly, gradually) and/or try and get out there and meet new people to re-focus your love efforts to someone who can return the feelings.

7. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would agree with ryan, its hard to give something up if you're doing it, right? So maybe hold back a bit, don't stop being his friend but just back off enough where you can refocus your affection elsewhere. I know it maybe hard, but if its something you really want to do, you can do it.

8. xplodingpassion

you guys make a lot of sense but he's still my best friend, i'm worried if i try to distance myself i'll lose that friendship and keeping the friendship is the most important thing in all this and the main reason I don't want to have these feelings for him.