1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are they..?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lost ln Thought, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Lost ln Thought

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am kind of new to this site and all, so this is sort of my introduction.

Hi, I'm a young male who likes boys, and boys only. I have started to get interested in this whole relationship thing, I've been seeing a lot more romance in my class all of a sudden and I am starting to feel lonely, I really do like a guy but he is straight, extremely obvious straight.
    I am starting to realize that everyone in my class is straight, no one has even crossed the thought of gay relationships.
    Now I am very young and looking for a max like 2 years older guy but the problem is:
    Where do I find young gays, I barely know anything about social media but am starting to feel lonely and left out... I sound like a whiny whore, desperate for a guys attention but i have a weird new urge of cuddling and just having general fun with a guy... Love basicly.
    Sorry for sounding like a depressed egoistic idiot... I am in early teens, think the hormones are kicking in... :icon_redf

2. ch59

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey you are in my boat with this thing. I don't even know one gay person close to my age. But you could look on facebook for a gay teens page or something. Idk if all fails you could try to put something up on craigslist:slight_smile: jk dont do that you might get stolen, but idk what you should do. Sorry for the lame advice but Facebook is all I know right now.

3. Rainbow Kitty

Are you in Middle School or High School? I live in Georgia, but not Atlanta. No one really came out until HS Freshman year. I thought I was all alone but there turned out to be a large LGBT population at my school. Trust me, there are more gay guys at your school, I promise.

4. Lost ln Thought

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Don't worry, i'll take any advice... Atleast I am not alone with his!

5. Lost ln Thought

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Of course it is not only me in the whole school, but in my class that I am stuck with for 2 years to come I am very lonely, I think I am in Middle School, I'm not sure how to translate Swedish years to ... Whatever years you have.

6. Tardis2020

How old are you? If you don't mind me asking.
    In 8th grade (13-14 years old here) I started hearing that people were gay, only like 2 or 3 people. Now a year later in 9th grade, I myself am gay (not out though) and I know one other kid is either gay or bi (but I don't think he's completely out). Statistics alone suggest there are alot of gay guys at schools, not as much as straight guys, but still a good amount.

7. Lost ln Thought

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am 13 years old.

8. Tardis2020

I'm 14. I think around our age people are still or have just figured themselves out. What age does your school go up to? Older students probably are more out or open about themselves. Also, if your school has a GSA or some sort of LGBT club, go there because a lot of people claim those to be good places to go. And there is a 1 in a trillion chance that a guy who goes there and says he's straight, is straight.

9. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These guys are right, y'know there might be gay or bisexual people in your class. Perhaps they're keeping it private, or they're still figuring it out. I know you feel lonely, and it can be horrible seeing straight couples having such an easy time finding partners when it's so difficult for young people to find other gay or bisexual people, let alone find a date!

My advice to you is to be patient. At your age people are still finding themselves. When you get older, you will have more options open to you to find other gay and bisexual people. I know this sounds depressing, but sonetimes it takes a bit longer for gay people to find that someone special. In time you'll find someone just right for you, trust me.

10. robclem21

You are really young to be worrying about a relationship. Go have fun with your friends and be patient. Boys will be around. At 13 you should be enjoying your life and having fun, not being upset if you can't find someone or worrying what other people are doing. I know thats easier said than done, but in a few years you will have some more options. In the meantime, enjoy being a young teen.

11. Lost ln Thought

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I told myself to get off this guy I've been crushing on, since he Always hangs out with a girl, he has called her the most attractive girl in our class and they've been hugging and such... But somehow I keep trying to form a conversation with him, I get all nervous around him, he is is attractive nice and is just overall a realy nice guy... It doesn't get any better by the fact I keep trying to be nice to him and offer him help with his work at school, I got the highest grades at English in my class, we had just seen a movie, that he had missed, and we were gonna write about it, I finished quickly and told him in the most offering/helpfull way that I have the book of the movie at home, he said he wasn't realy super desperate for the book(Aka he would rather skip it), he winks to notify me of the fact he didn't realy want to read it, and I just looked down atwo my rk and felt ashamed because I couldn't help him much, even though I /hiallready had helped m/ and also /everyone/ around the table with their writings, I just felt like I did nothing, and have the feeling he will never like me because all these sexes mess up the whole thing... This text is probably difficult to read, I am sort of tired and am not in the mood to write all pretty.

12. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Just saying, do NOT do the craigslist thing. Very, very, very bad idea.

13. Lost ln Thought

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Gratz on 300 posts dumbo! ;p

14. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nojen, you are young don't worry about dating so much, if it happenes then great! That's the best thing I can suggest. Wait a little bit till people around you open up like people understand if they are interested in guys too! The start thinking about dating, and if you find someone before that then awesome :slight_smile: but enjoy life, dating is stressful but sometimes worth while.

15. AAASAS

There is definitely somebody else that is gay in your class.

If you really are getting lonely you can just try to connect more with people on here.

I wouldn't advise you to go on a dating site or app because you are young and that really is for more mature people, I know it sounds typical, but at your age you shouldn't be so concerned with dating.

Highschool fucking sucks when you are gay, I truly believed I was the only gay person in my school, but have recently found out about certain people being gay, no one else in my graduating class has come out to my knowledge, but plenty of others from other classes.

I never really had crushes in highschool because if I felt attracted to someone I would just shut that thought down because I knew it wasn't possible so I never really let myself actually develop a crush.

Don't have too many options for you because of your age. Growing up sucks as well, so be happy you are being told you are too young to be worrying about it, when you are younger you really want to rush into adult things, but once you get there, you immediately wish you were younger.

Only thing I can suggest is practicing mindfulness, that is living in the moment, and not worrying too much about what is going to happen in a couple minutes, days, weeks, months and years. Just be happy with being alive, again cliche dumb advice, but try to get happiness from alternative sources for now, becuase yearning for something that really isn't attainable is setting yourself up for depression.

Not saying it can't be done, but I know how closeted people can be in highschool, and the only way I ever met up with other guys was by going on sketchy websites and doing risky things, like meeting basically complete strangers. I wish I had lost my virginity in a better way than how I did, I lost it, in a dirty hookup, with some other closet case, it really isn't something I look back on with happiness.

How does this relate to you? Well I was 16 at the time, and the guy was 21, so there was sort of a gross age difference there. I was also super horny, and super lonely, because I was in highschool observing others. Though it did sexually satisfy me, it didn't make me feel any less lonely. So my advice to you is not to rush it and let it happen naturally at your age.

When you get a little older, you can start actively seeking guys online...etc, that is unfortunately how a lot of gay people meet eachother because there are so little of us.

16. Tardis2020

Gotta agree, high school sucks for gays. Every straight person has a girl/boyfriend and your stuck there wishing you would come out, and when you do that there'd be gay guys you like. Aside from the fact that this is the time people want to start dating. I'm in a lot of clubs and competitions so my time is pretty much taken up especially once you factor in 6 hours of homework. I can at least use that as a distraction from getting a boyfriend. So my advice would be to do a lot of extracurricular stuff, at least until you find someone you like and is (hopefully) gay too.

17. Lost ln Thought

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm gonna take this advice, but I'm still gonna try to be a lil' extra nice to this guy, I still hope for him to be Bisexual, we're atleast becoming a thing I would like to call "Awkward friends" but that is enough of a relationship so far.

18. FelixJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out can really help and make you seem approachable for more shy people. I've been out at school for a while and a week ago the guy I'm crushing on came out to me as gay. Still fancies another boy (who is straight) , but I would never have guessed he was gay. Just shows there are always people. Statistics don't lie. :slight_smile: