1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I give up on guys...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Oct 29, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

Seriously, I'm to the point where I don't even ever want anything more than sexual relations with a guy ever again. FWB, if you will. Every single time I try to have something with a guy, he ends up hurting me somehow.

Most recently, a guy I met and hit it off with has just randomly stopped acting as if we had anything. His texts are very short and lack any flavor. He ignores most of them. He ignores the ones where I ask what's wrong or if I've done something. I don't understand how you can lead me on and then just stop talking to me. Why? I've lost hope with guys at this point because all of the ones I have met have been trash and there are not many where I live anyways. I'm upset.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hun , I think you need to stop doing the whole FWB thing it's just not for you and you will keep getting hurt . There are men out there that want relationships , you need to look for these guys . Plus where you come be meeting could the reason why you keep getting guys like these .

3. bornthiswaybby

I'm not doing an FWB thing. I'm saying that I'm going to have to resort to that because no guys really want to try having a relationship. I generally don't get sexual with a guy until we seem to be edging towards a relationship, but I'm not even going to bother anymore probably because no other guy has good intentions where I live.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I wish you and I were friends because I met a gay guy who is looking for the same things as you I would introduce you to each other but like your age gaps and stuff gets in the way damn .:dry:

5. bornthiswaybby

yeah and that would also be long distance which I would be terrible with haha! I need to kiss the person I'm with, I would hate being so far! I'll be okay :slight_smile: I'm sure some day I'll find a guy who actually cares

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You will I wish all the gay men that want relationships could find each other :icon_sad:

7. Blossom85

I can certainly understand how you feel, I always feel like I get to a certain with people and then they ignore me.. Even this guy I was speaking to last night and the night before on this dating site, and he just began ignoring me when I told him I don't give offsite details so soon after talking (especially and I did not mention this part, but especially when the conversation was not really one of substance). I realized he isn't worth it, however it is not going to stop me from trying again.. If you give up.. You might be missing out on someone really wonderful, sometimes you have to go through the dud ones to get to the right one..

8. robclem21

How long were you "together" before he lost interest. Did you already hook up with him? How often did you go out together.

I think that these types of texts/conversations are exhausting and a sign that a relationship may not work, especially if they are occurring very very early on. On the other hand, I would caution you to not come off to strong/clingy also as this may be driving some guys away.

Again I don't know the answers to my original questions, and it is totally possible that these guys are just complete assholes. They are out there for sure, trust me I've met several. However, maybe some introspection might be warranted if this keeps happening. How/where are you meeting these guys, and how are your relationships starting....

9. Gen

Gen

Enjoy the single life for a while. Join the rest of us independent black women. You don't need no man. *snap* *snap*

Side Note: I just realized that this website is in dire need of a neck-roll emoji. Why isn't this a thing??

10. bornthiswaybby

We talked for a couple weeks, and everything was going wonderfully. I tend to let myself fall hard when I do, he was being so sweet and he was so my type, and the furthest we went was a simple kiss. Not even making out. I didn't personally want to rush because he's a bit younger than me and I didn't want to rush him. But all of a sudden, he just stopped being interested, as it seems. I do tend to come off strong & clingy, but that's only if the other person comes off strong as well. I don't scare them away because of that, because they do tend to just randomly abandon though my actions don't change. I don't know. It just sucks.

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2014 at 11:01 PM ----------

hahaha, this made me smile (*hug*)

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Sorry you're having such a hard time. In a way I feel you. I've had five girlfriends and they've never lasted that long, It's always the other person who ends up leaving or someone I like generally isn't interested and it does put you off from relationships. I hope one day you'll meet the right guy for you, but maybe you should just take a break for now.