Did he try to kiss me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by geoworld24, Oct 31, 2014.

1. geoworld24

geoworld24 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I had an awesome date with a guy last night. He's cute, funny and someone I could see having a relationship with. After the date I think he may have tried to kiss me. He leaned in a little and I leaned back, then everything got really awkward. All of this is very new to me and I'm terrified of screwing things up by overreaching boundaries, plus I have issues (which I'm working on) on picking up on social cues, body language etc. Did he try to kiss me?

2. Rainbows~Exist

I'm pretty sure he tried to. If it got awkward after when he leaned in then you leaned back I think that he might've taken it as a slight sign of rejection....

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Send him a message today. Tell him you really enjoyed last night, and that you would very much like to see him again. Add a personal touch identifying something in particular that you found attractive (i.e "I could not get the sound of your soothing voice out of my head last night"). No need to comment at all about the "kiss".

4. robclem21

Great advice here. Without going crazy, reaffirm that you had a great time so he doesn't have any feelings that things didn't go well. If you did indeed miss an opportunity for a kiss, I am sure there will be many more. If he is the one that leaned in, I think you are clear to just go for it next time. Maybe give him a kiss on the cheek when you see him at the beginning? I think that would be sweet and would make him more comfortable to take the next step if he wants to without hesitating. Good Luck. Cute story!