1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i fell in love with my (straight) best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mshow13, Oct 31, 2014.

1. mshow13

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Pretty self explanatory, but just in case that's a rash assumption, let me explain.

I was, knowingly, in the closet as a lesbian for 2 years before I decided to come out merely 5 weeks ago. I sort of always knew that I would never end up with a man. I was in a relationship with a guy for 5 years, i loved him. But when that ended, I knew that was the last man I would ever love. So then I started to explore the idea that I might be gay. And with that came a friendship that changed my life.

I fell in love with my best friend a year and a half ago. She's my better half. But she's straight... As far as I know (I have my suspensions otherwise, but that's a different story).

I can't tell her something like this; something that she cannot un hear, and something that would ultimately ruin/alter our relationship.

I want to move on. I want to be able to accept that she's straight and is probably not going to come to me and confess her undying love for me. I want to accept that. I want to move on and be able to find a relationship with someone who will love me equally...or at least like girls.

Did I mention, she was the very first person I came out to, we're roommates, we've made out before, and we spend 99% of our free time together... HELP!

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you already know she is straight, you already know you need to move on, the question is how best to do so given she is your best friend.

May I suggest you start spending less than 99% of your time with her and exploring other social outlets where you can meet others?