1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My relationship with my best friend(male)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Justinian20, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Justinian20

What with all the people sharing thoughts about being attracted to their best friends well I've decided to share a story about my former fantasy and now best friend. My very first thoughts that were gay were directed at a specific guy, he was really outgoing and fun to be around. He was skinny and tall, I pretty much started thinking about living with him and owning a house waking up and both of us being really friendly. Now, I knew he was straight but that didn't stop me from trying to get him. He had a girlfriend and I was really loving of him from afar, I watched him and admired him all day long in high school. Everything he did was impressive. He had no fear of dressing up in costumes and being seen as a weird guy. Me on the other hand I wouldn't be seen wearing costumes ever cause I was too scared of being seen in them and I hated rudimentary costumes, even costume hire is rudimentary to me. Unless I can get the exact look right, I'm not dressing up. It's almost impossible to get the exact look. But anyway back on topic okay. Well I kept on thinking about him and being sexually attracted to him because he was so damn perfect for a guy like me. I cut off ties with female friends so I could get closer to him and try and become a part of his circle. This is all the while realizing he was straight as I never saw any gay from him, he never flirted with me and he never glanced my way sexually but the thing is, if there's something I have it's determination. I was determined to get close to him. So after High School I cut off most ties with everyone in my determination to get him as a best friend so I could try and make my dream come true. I caught up with him and learnt, we had more similarities than I first realized. What we liked was similar is some cases but music he was the pop diva goddess and I was the old school Dirty South and West Coast Hip Hop white kid. He liked to dance and also rap but only to the new stuff while I hated the new stuff but I never told him this(this is what I worked out).

But anyway I got to know him quite a lot and he is now my best friend, why we hang out a lot and the football games and I try to see him more but he is going to parties and other events. I love being around him still and found that as I am around him, I get more perked up and happy. On Facebook he plays hard to get as I message him to see when we can "hang out" again.

The funny thing is that this is actually 100% true, the guy I often fantasised about is my best friend now. The sexual admiration is sort of gone but now it's replaced by like a want to get a bit intimate with him now. This is all the while knowing he is straight. That's how desperate I was for a relationship with a guy and realistically is the strongest indicator of my gay preference. I sorta repressed the feeling knowing he's straight and got a girlfriend, but it's still there it's just playing the waiting game with him.

I think this is a credit to my patience and I think It will work great when I actually meet a gay guy who I will love just as much as my straight friend. I also want something more to happen with my straight friend and I also just enjoy being in his presence and feeling his soft skin on me. It's a thing of beauty, do you guys think this is unhealthy to want to be more intimate and in a love relationship with my best friend. I'm definitely trying to suppress the feelings but they will pop at random stages and I'll wonder if I can go further.

2. xander1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is speaking from experience.

I have to be honest with you. It will hurt and will hurt a lot in the long run. Yes, you are best friends now, but since you said that he is really straight, that's the only relationship you'll have. Eventually, you will want to be more than friends but it will frustrate you because you know it can never be and you're giving more affection and not being reciprocated.

When the time comes that he will hang out with a person he is truly attracted with, you will be jealous. Jealousy? It creeps in. Eventually, you will lash out. You will be angry. But you really have no right to be jealous.

And it will hurt a lot. I have experienced this a couple of times already.

There should be an acceptance. An understanding between your heart and mind. You must accept the fact that you will never be more than best friends. It will still be painful when your heart breaks but it will be less.

The thing with best friends is that they are not permanent. Eventually, they will move on and so will you.