1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who to choose out of the 2 most important people in my life??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EveryYear, Oct 31, 2014.

1. EveryYear

So I kinda got a boyfriend not too long ago maybe almost 2 months ago.
    When I saw him I only liked him for his looks but I feel like everyday I'm falling in love with him,no I wasn't in love with him before.But soon I might be.This relationship is kinda long distance so we've never properly met before :S won't really go into further details about thatxD it's complicated
    His names Alex btw T_T I don't know how to say it but I feel like I just can't break p with this guy.He keeps asking for sex(We've never had sex)I always manage to change the topic though
    He said I love you the first day we started dating...T_T on top of that he says things like if I break up with him he'll commit suicide.(I think he's got NPD btw)
    ...This is the part that's driving me crazy there this girl that I know I'm in love with I've liked her foooorrrr.....about half a year now.She explodes my heart>__< don't know what better way to describe the way I feel for her(shes bi/lesbian)
    She left the school I went to at the end of the school year.So it's been about 3 months I haven't seen her.:S

I just don't know what to do I'm confused about everything..
    I don't really know what path I'm taking and what I'm doing,some guidance? :S

2. Gen

Gen

To be frank, I know it feels as though you couldn't even consider breaking up with this guy right now, but I very strongly recommend that you do. I couldn't possibly recommend it enough. I understand that you are falling for him more and more, but it is important to be able to step back and view our relationships objectively. This is a long distance relationship with a person that you have never formally met, who has already been asking for sex, and claims that he will commit suicide if you left.

Psychologically, all of these factors just don't add up. If his emotional attachment to you was so great that losing your company would push him to take his own life, than he wouldn't be so obsessed with sex this early on. He would have more respect for you and be more focused on discovering more about who you are on the inside rather than your body. Many people who use threats of suicide to make significant others feel obligated to remain loyal to them aren't actually considering suicide at all. It honestly sounds as though he wants to keep you invested within these relationship by preying on your feelings that you have for him.

I have no doubt that the person that you have developed these feelings for appears to be everything you could possibly want at the moment, but sometimes we have to ask ourselves whether we are actually falling for the idea of someone rather than the reality of them. It sounds as though you were deeply affected by the removal of the girl you cared for from your life and this new relationship has become a way to cope with those emotions, but you have to know that you deserve more than what you are receiving from him.