1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romantic Mashochism

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a problem. I repeatedly crush and obsess about guys whom I don't know their orientation, only to feel betrayed and brokenhearted when I find out they are straight when in reality their was never anything really romantic going on between us, especially from his side. I also feel like an asshole because I start to drift away from them on finding out they are straight ( or apparently straight), it's kinda says that I was only interested in them for a serious relationship I just want to abandon our friendship because I can't get what I want. I live in a developing country where the average person isn't that smart; they have a large amount of religion based opinion regardless of our separation of religion and state, simply because skeptics can't live safely like they can in other countries and by default there aren't much people who differentiate what religion says and what makes true sense, some just makes jokes about anal sex, and some say they do like gay people 'just because......(they just don't like us for no particular reason other than, it's weird because I don't like to do it.'

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You might have some kind of OCD. Have you talked to a mental health counselor (might be hard in a developing country to find a gay-accepting one, though). Maybe you should try to find some gay friends.

3. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We have a counselor on the campus, I saw so on a flier, should be confidential, there to help etc, I'll feel awkward, any advice on asking for help, I always feel people are gonna think i'm weird and a killjoy if I talk about my problems.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Counselors are paid to be with weird people. :wink: