1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is the right time?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnotherQueer, Nov 1, 2014.

1. AnotherQueer

Perth, the weirdest and furthest place from
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm curious: is there a right time to be in a relationship? I know it is relative and stuff, but I mean is there, or was there, a time when you knew you were ready to be in love?

2. Blossom85

I think it is really just a feeling, I fell in love without even realizing I was ready till it was already starting. I think when you are content and not feeling like you are missing out on anything, then you could be ready. I was happy where I was being single and not thinking about being in a relationship and it was like boom.. It hit me in the face quite hard when it happened.

3. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is being ready to be in a relationship the same as being ready to be in love? To be in a relationship, I believe a person must be ready to make sacrifices, pick which battles to fight and be prepared to work to make any relationship successful. To be ready for love, I beleive a person needs to be prepared to be vulnerable, to let others see them for who. They really need to be able to eliminate all walls and barriers.

I do believe the two go hand in hand, but I do think each one requires someone to be prepared in different ways.