1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid of loosing the only family I have left

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TrueHeartZ, Nov 1, 2014.

1. TrueHeartZ

I am bio female but have felt like a man since I was 13. I am am now 19 and still feel this way. I was hoping this was just a phase and I would grow out of it, but I still feel this way. I try to become more feminine to make these feelings go away. I do things like try to care more about how I look, loose wait to have a slimmer waist, and have even look into getting breast implants. The more feminine I try to become the more depressed I get. I look at myself in the mirror every day and wish I had been born male.

The main reason I want to change is for my mom. She supports LGBT people and there rights, but I have talked to her about characters on TV who are trans and somethings she had said made me know she would never except me if I went through with this. There isn't a doubt in my mind she would act like she supported me, but I know she would be so disappointed in me and be disgusted with me. I have lost so many family members and people I thought cared about me over stupid stuff like money and not doing the things they wanted me to do. I know if I did this I would loose the only family I have left.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stop being feminine. IMO, it's easier for females to act masculine than the other way around (due to cultural norms about males being the dominant sex). Try to get your mom to be more open to trans people. Most people, gay or straight, haven't met many trans people since by definition they can often go under the radar. In the end, you need to realize even your mother's acceptance is not required for your own happiness. That can only come from yourself. You didn't choose your family, and you didn't choose your gender/sexuality.