1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over straight crushes?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Owl333, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

So I've like a straight person for about a year now, and I'm realizing it is really time to get over it, but I'm not really doing that so well. Does anyone have any suggestions how to move on from straight crushes? :confused:

2. wontwalkblindly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel that. Honestly you can't force yourself to get over someone.
    Just let the crush run its course and eventually you will get over them. Don't flirt, you can daydream if you want...but don't make any moves. All will pass in due time.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

In regards to crushes in general, you generally need time apart from them, but it can be hard if you have to see them quite often and there isn't a choice. I usually straight up tell them that we need a break from each other for a while.

4. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Thank you guys. We go to the same really small school, so I do see them a lot. Saying I didn't want to talk to them would just confuse them and make it more painful for me.

5. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As someone who's had to move past a few people (whether it was because of a relationship that didn't work out or because of unrequited interest) I can tell you that that it mostly just takes time. If you see this person everyday you may never fully get over them, but if you just focus on other things/people you won't torture yourself as much.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Find something that helps crack the idealized image you have of them, maybe something they said that was rude or ignorant. Also, put yourself in their shoes; they can't love you even if they wanted to.