1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I came out to a girl who had a crush on me...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Nov 3, 2014.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so I'm in theatre, and we were getting ready for one of our shows, she's more of the person who works behind the scenes and even though I've only known her a short time I really consider her a friend because we get along so well, and she really reminds me of this girl who was a senior when I was a freshman.

So anyway, the topic in the dressing rooms got into sexuality, and she openly said something along the lines of "I like girls and guys, but, I only like guys emotionally."
    And that sort of clicked in my head, she's really nice and I consider her a friend. So, a few minutes later, I pulled her aside and told her, and told her why. Because she admitted.

Then, her expression sort of changed, It was dark in the hallway so I couldn't really tell. She wasn't really surprised, but kinda disapointed. She said she should have seen it coming because apparently I act different, but not completely stereotypical. Then, she said it was really awkward, and starting acting funny. I know that look because I've seen it in the mirror tons of times, and I knew, so I was waiting on her and she was like "Well... Um... what was the soda you're drinking? Was it crush?" And I kinda chuckled then started to feel really bad, she told me not to change how I look at her. But I kinda couldn't help it. I mean, even though I haven't known her that long, I consider her an awesome friend, mostly because her outward personality is just like my inward one, sort of dark and morbid, but funny and sweet.

And I can't help but sort of look at things differently because it seems things are a little awkward now. I mean, I (along with almost every other guy in our theatre group) loves making little sexual jokes, so, in class we were doing this exercise on tone, and things, and I thought of a way to make the lines really funny. They were something along the lines of "Can we just forget about that tonight?" A said I thought of it, and she wanted to know, So I said the line exactly how I was thinking, and she got red and scooted out of the circle because it made her feel awkward because I think she still likes me....

Help... Even though I haven't known her long, she's an awesome person, and because I personalities are similar, she's a really good friend, and I don't want things to be awkward between us... She's the type that says everything's fine and can put on one hell of a good fake smile, so it's difficult to tell, even though I'm capable of doing the same thing.
    :help:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It'll take some time to get over, but she'll more than likely be able to get over it and can go back to being friends.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, give her some space so she can gather her thoughts. If she's a true friend, she'll come around. It's a lot better knowing someone can't love you than won't love you...