1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating help needed...please

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tudor, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Tudor

Started chatting to this woman on dating site last week and within two days she suggested we talk by phone...there seemed to be real connection so went along with it and it was great...we talked...laughed a lot. We spoke the next night too..about 5 hours over the two nights and then we agreed to meet on Sunday...see how we got on in person.

So here's my problem...we met...spent what I felt was a good day together...we took her dogs for long walk...chatted...no awkward silences...seemed to really get on...went for lunch and then she dropped me at the train station. Before getting out of the car she asked me if I'd like to do it again sometime and I said yes definitely...she said ok I'll text you later.

I texted her from the station thanking her for a lovely day, saying I'd had a good time and enjoyed meeting her dogs...I wanted her to know I'd enjoyed the day...liked her but didn't want to be too full on...

Anyway...it figures...I haven't heard from her...and it kind of leaves me confused...why did she say she'd text? Why did she ask me if I'd like to do it again? Should I text her? Damn I'm rubbish at this dating game and don't really know the rules...dating etiquette...help please someone...decipher the signs 'cos I haven't got a clue

2. PalestrinaMX

Did she respond to your thank you text? You should text her, maybe she is thinking the same thing you are.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't wait on her. If she contacts you, that's good, but keep your options open. She isn't the only fish in the pond.

4. Tudor

No she didn't respond to thank you text :-(

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well what are your thoughts on her ? What would you like ? Friendship, possibly partnership ?
    I would think a bit about it...

I would send her a mail stating how I liked the sunday... and a nice story I remember, how nice the dogs were or similar... and how she is... its a few days now...

its difficult to interpret... maybe she wants to think things over... maybe she is just busy... I would not come over too strong but state some interest, and possibly wait a bit more...

hope all goes well
    (*hug*)

6. Tudor

Thanks for your thoughts jay777...very helpful...think I'll do what you suggest and send her a brief, friendly email...not too strong, thanks again :slight_smile: