1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LDR problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HBI, Nov 4, 2014.

1. HBI

HBI

I've gotten some sound advice here, and I'm really grateful. I'm hoping you can help with a recent issue. I was in a horrible abusive relationship. When I got out, I vowed never to let it happen again. I vowed never to date again.
    Four years layer, I find myself in an LDR with someone who is very attentive. We talk for hours everyday, we have a lot in common, and share on a very deep level. Anyway, my girlfriend bought me a piece of jewelry. I found out by bringing it in for repair, that it's a knock off. I told her of my discovery because I thought she was ripped off. It turns out she knew it was fake. No apology, didn't even bat an eyelash. I think it's worth breaking up over. I did some internet research and most people say it's no big deal. Is it break up worthy in your opinion? If I end things, I'm out a ton of money on a flight to meet her, and I don't have much. I saved for months and months to get the ticket. TIA

2. iiimee

...I'm not sure, but did it matter it wasn't made of real jewels? I'd be excited if my boyfriend gave me a plastic ring, because at least he thought of me. I mean, did she claim it was real? Sorry I can't be great help, but for me I just like thoughtful gifts...

3. HBI

HBI

Thanks for answering. It's a well known line of jewelry with the brand name stamped on it. I have no doubt she was trying to pass it off as the real thing.

4. iiimee

Well, talk it out with her. Maybe she just wanted to please you but didn't have the extra money to afford it. See her side of the story first.

5. HBI

HBI

Thanks. I agree that I'd be thrilled with a piece of string if it came from her. It's the passing a fake off as real that hurts.