1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aromantic, in a relationship, and distressed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kafei, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel so guilty. I went into this relationship before I knew I was aromantic, but I did know that I didn't experience romantic attraction like everyone else did. I knew this person needed a romantic bond that I would not be able to provide but I said yes anyway. Now that I'm more educated on what being aromantic means and know I can apply the term to myself I feel horrible. I love this person a lot (not romantically, obviously) and I don't want to hurt them.
    They'll be accepting of me being aro. I'm not worried about that. But I feel like I need to end this relationship, and I know they don't want that. I cannot feel any romantic attraction or desire and if I keep this relationship going I feel like it'll hurt them even more. I can't keep pretending but I also can't keep dating them if I can't give them the romantic emotional bond they need.
    Can anyone help me?
    (I'm sorry if this is confusing)

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well what kind of relationship do you imagine ? Telling them to be good friends ?

(*hug*)