1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too scared to tell my friend about my feelings.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PlantSoul, Nov 4, 2014.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel so silly writing this… I wrote another post in this category about questioning/dealing with my feelings towards a good friend of mine. Well, I finally accepted that I love my friend, but I'm too scared to go see my friend and tell them how I feel. It's possible that my friend already knows how I feel, but I don't know for sure. I've had many chances to go see my friend, but I keep chickening out. We've always had a very close and affectionate relationship. I've told many personal things to my friend before and my friend has always been so supportive and understanding. It's a very special relationship that we have and I can't help but to worry that I might ruin it if I were to confess my love. Yet, I don't want to keep it a secret for the rest of my life. I honestly can't see myself being with anyone else. I don't want to be with anyone else.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why do you think it would ruin the relationship?

3. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think you should tell your friend how you feel. Otherwise this will drive you crazy and there's always going to be something between you two.
    But just think about a nice way of saying this, and how your friend might react so you are prepared for that moment.
    I think if you say how your truly feel, your friend is going to understand it.

What are your concerns?