1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I need Dating Advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Tardis221B, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Tardis221B

About a month ago I was set up by my friend on a blind date, that is if you consider it a date.

The girl and I met up at the campus coffee shop and talked for almost an hour and a half. Conversation flowed naturally and I thought she was quite attractive. I seemed like it went quite well. At the end of the date we had even started to plan our second date. We were thinking of making dinner together then watching a movie some weekend.

But we both got busy with school and life, and didn't end up seeing each other for a few weeks. Then I got a text from her inviting me to make dinner with her and maybe watch a movie. However, she also invited our mutual friend who set us up. This was a big red flag for me, and told me that it wasn't a date. Soon the plan to make food disappeared, and turned into getting food from the school cafeteria and brining it back to her dorm. This was fine and it worked out, but the conversations that evening were awkward. It was fine when the two us were talking, but the other people made it the conversations uncomfortable. At the end of the night she suggested that we do something again together, and again insisted that the mutual friend join us. . .

Anyways I'm guessing that reads as she sees me more as a friend? I do like her but I don't know if I should ask her out again. I'm very curious to explore my feelings for women, and wouldn't mind a casual relationship especially as I'm only in the US for 3 more months, but if she has no interest in me I don't want to get my hopes up.

Despite the fact that I don't think she's that interested, part of me wants to text her again and see if she'd be interested in watching a Netflix movie together, just the two of us. What do you all think? Is it worth a go?

2. UniqueButch89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe she invites her friend over because she likes you and doesn't think you like her. So, she invites a friend because she doesn't want you to think she likes you. Why don't you ask her to hangout just together... If you are shy, ask in a way that isn't' obvious. Like ask her to go play pool, bowling, or go to a movie together. I mean at some point you have to slap her and be like.. Listen it's just you and me. Let's do this.

3. Tardis221B

Thanks, I like you're thinking ; )

But the thing that is slightly confusing for me that I learned from our mutual friend's girlfriend (who is also my friend) is that my date just got out of a long term relationship with her boyfriend and is in an open relationship. And I know this is just hear say, but I don't want to get in the middle of someone else's drama, I don't need to make my life more complicated. . .Yet, at the same time I do really like her, and would like to see her again. I'm torn between contacting her again, or just letting it go. . .

My best friend is trying to talk me out of it because the relationship wouldn't have a future, but I'm completely aware of that and have been since I agreed to go on the first date.

What do you guys think?

---------- Post added 5th Nov 2014 at 04:52 PM ----------

Also, just side note. This is my first ever sort of relationship, date, anything with anyone ever . . . so yeah . . .

And another thing. I recognize and appreciate that not all of my relationships will be with the "one", but i'm sure each one will help me to develop as person and teach me new things about life.