1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like it when someone you like gets jealous?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by usagi, Nov 4, 2014.

1. usagi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been wondering if anyone has ever tried to intentionally Make the person they like or are dating jealous? And if so why?

I ask this because of something I'm currently dealing with and need answers before I make the next move. I'm tried of feeling confused.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Short answer, no. If you really like someone and you are involved in a relationship it is not a good idea. Jealousy is really damaging to relationships and you should never do anything to introduce or promote it. Once the seed has been planted you will have to live with it for a long time. It doesn't go away.

I don't know what you are dealing with right now or how jealousy relates to your situation. Would you like to tell us more?

3. Blossom85

I tend to agree with Patrick. I don't think it is a good idea to intentionally make anyone jealous especially if you are in a relationship with that person. It is something that might really damage the relationship to the point of not being able to repair it. I don't know what the situation currently is with you and why you are asking this particular question, so I do think if you are able to share more with us and tell us a little more of the situation so we can give you more and better advice.

4. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I haven't tried it and I won't do so :icon_wink

I have to agree with Patrick too. Making your partner intentionally jealous isn't a good idea. It can lead to distrust and will not be healthy for the relationship.
    Even when you're just dating and not in a relationship yet, I think it wouldn't be a good idea to start with kinda dishonesty and playing tricks.

5. tulipinacup

I honestly don't see the point of trying to make someone jealous.

6. usagi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not trying to make him jealous but I think he might be trying to make me jealous. I honestly could do without games when dating but I think that's how most guys in New York City are. The whole idea of losing trust is true because I feel like I've lost some in him.

I feel like the idea of making me jealous or sad appeals to him. Like it's his way of knowing what I think because he can easily tell. The first time I got jealous it made me really sad and he asked if I was mad or sad but I denied both emotions completely. I was feeling a little bit of both. I now think I should have confessed to them.

Most of the time I am very composed and serious. I think this makes it hard to tell what I'm feeling. Could this be his way of getting though to me?

I don't know. I think he might really like this other guy because they look really close to each other. Like more then friends. I catch check himself in mirror sometimes when around him and he just gives him bed room eyes a lot. To me he is just around him way to much.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Sometimes I like the feeling of someone getting jealous over me (makes me feel important) while I hate it at the same time in case it gets too possessive. I wouldn't want to purposely make someone jealous, I don't see the point

8. usagi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    HI PATRICK.

I just feel like the guy I've talked about maybe trying to make me jealous. I don't know why but I'm not a vulnerable person And I hide my feelings a lot. People tend to think I'm this very picky guy.
    I'm just green/ new to dating and I think i need time to adjust to spending time with guys. People like to move fast but want to get to know you before I commit to anything and end up with my feelings hurt. I think he might be doing to get a reaction out of me. When he does not need to I'm straight forward when I'm sure a guy is interested. I just don't jump in to it right away. Now there is this guy who is playing straight but he is like aggressive when ever me and my interest are speaking to each other. This makes me think that maybe he gives him the same kind of attention. So I back off because the one thing I won't do is compete for him. He may think that I'm not interested anymore but I am I just don't want to have to deal with other guys but I don't want to ask him about either. That would be a little too much and I don't give him that kind of power because I'm not sure.