1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More advice, please

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HBI, Nov 5, 2014.

1. HBI

HBI

I posted earlier that my LDR gave me fake jewelry and tried to pass it off as the real thing. To clarify a few things, I'm not materialistic. I don't care it's a fake. I care that she misled me. It's not about money, she is loaded as far as I know. Is this break up worthy? How can I trust her now? Especially with the distance. If I break up with her, I'm out a huge sum of money on flights and hotels. She's been trying to contact me, and I'm not answering. I have no idea how to. She just came out and told me it was a fake and she was aware it was when she bought it. No apology. No reaction at all.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I would tell her how I feel... not in an upset way but that you feel a bit hurt... and talk it out.
    She possibly has fears to go through... a bit of shame, etc...
    If she can open up and tell her real reasons this could bring you together even more... if she could open up and tell reasons that are understandable...

You might say this in a non reproachful way, just stating facts and your emotions...
    You might have a look at this...
    How to Practice Nonviolent Communication (with Illustrations)
    This might take some practice, though...

(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. HBI

HBI

Thanks! Much appreciated.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Think about why you really posted this thread. I have a hard time believing you want to break up with her over some costume jewelry.