1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the best online sites/ways to meet local guys?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dakine, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm living in southwest ontario (Niagara region to be exact) and I'm finally ready to meet someone at the age of 31 (yes I was extremely late to accept myself and am now ready to truly begin life) I've recently come out to the majority of ppl that mean a lot to me, including my very religious parents just a few weeks ago. I'm now ready to be who I truly am after years and years of struggling.

For the first year or so after I accepted myself I spent my efforts chasing straight guys, guys in denial, basically guys I had no clue if they could ever have the same feelings for me....maybe this was a defense mechanism because I wasn't ready for anything real, who knows. What I do know is that I fall for ppl hard and live in a fantasy land for way too long, focusing on a person who highly unlikely will never be able to fall for me. I recently joined my first online dating site and messaged a guy that I instantly had an attraction to, and we share a lot in common. Problem is I'm not sure he even checks the site to know I messaged. I'm finding myself starting the fantasy land approach with how I think about him already and it's literally only been a day since I messaged him. So before I go down that road yet again I want to diversify my approach to finding someone...as to not put all my eggs in one basket. I guess I've made progress as I now am FINALLY looking at guys who are guaranteed gay, but I can't limit myself to just this one specific site to find someone as I know there are plenty of other people out there. What are some good online sites/ways to meet ppl that avoids the guesswork of what their sexuality is? Thanks for any input.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We can't really give you recommendations due to the privacy policy, but you only have to look up what are common sites to see most dating sites have the option of putting sexuality, making it easy to contact those who are gay/bi.

3. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Online dating is dangerous, (Especially for GRSMs) to take the risk of it being a serial killer or rapist, blackmailer.I was a victim of one of these, learn from my mistake, I got over it, but it still haunts me enough to keep me from ever doing it again. Even if you don't even hook up with someone, they know your phone number , basic info, they can spread rumors about you, call you a slut, give your contact info to strangers, My rule is, I use the internet to keep in touch with existing real life friends, I don't use it to meet strangers.