1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is she doing this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by flee4517, Nov 5, 2014.

1. flee4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    OK so my crush (who knows I like her) goes through spells where she'll ignore me. We'll be fine and laughing and cutting up for about a week & then she'll all of a sudden ignore me for a couple of weeks or so. It's like she doesn't want to talk to me, look at me or be around me. And I haven't said anything or acted any different than I did when she would talk to me. It seems like she gets this way whenever she starts thinking about her ex. But why shut me out? I haven't done anything but this makes me feel like I have. I texted her earlier telling her I would need to switch work days from tomorrow to Friday (Dr thing) & she never wrote back. So I drove out there to make sure everyone knew I had to and she had gotten my text cause they arranged for a lady to cover me. Why not write me back? And when I was there she wouldn't look at me and kept her head down when she walked past me. She didn't even say hey & she went and hid out until I left. What's going on? What do I do?

2. ForeverYoung000

I think I know the solution to your problem...what you seem to be going through with your friend is some type of mood swing. Check this out!!

All About Mood Swings | Psych Central

Hope this helps. And sorry that she is treating you this way. Hope all is well soon.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Is it possible that the crush is making her uncomfortable and she's withdrawing? Or do you think she likes you but is reminded of her ex? I'm sorry this is happening to you.

4. flee4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's told me a few different times that she's OK with me liking her and that it doesn't make her uncomfortable. And I never act flirty with her--just cut up like friends do. But I do wonder if maybe she likes me and shuts me out because of that. I will catch her staring at me sometimes--mainly when I show up on an off day to get my paycheck & I'm dressed up & have makeup on (I don't do it for her, I do it because payday is bill day & I'm always running errands on this day)