1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling for a 'straight' girl

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by figuremeout, Nov 5, 2014.

1. figuremeout

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. So to preface the problem I find myself in, I should state a couple of things. I'm a lesbian. But when I moved to a new city 3 years ago, I didn't know how to start over with the coming out process. Back home, I'd been out and involved in the LGBT community. Then I moved here and had no idea where to even start with getting involved and meeting more LGBT people. So I just haven't really come out. Recently I've been more open with the new people that I'm meeting, but I still can't seem to get up the courage to tell my friends that I've known for 2-3 years.

Over the last couple of years I've built up friendships with a group of girls, 2 of which I used to work with and the third is the sister of one of those friends. We hang out a lot and go do things for girl's night but I still am terrified of telling them.

So, the sister? The sister of my friend? She's amazing.

And I really like her.

But she's 'straight.'

She told me one night when we went out that she was kind of bi. And I should have said come out to her right then, but I didn't. I've been crushing on her for quite a while now. If this was just some random girl, I would be much more open to telling her how I felt. But because she is a part of this group of really good friends of mine, I don't know if I can say anything. I don't want to risk things getting weird with any of them if she doesn't feel the same way.

The friends that I am out to know all about this situation and they keep telling me to make a move, but I would really like some objective third party input.

So I guess the question is, do I risk changing the way things are in the slight chance she might be interested in a relationship. Or do I keep it to myself and work towards getting over her and moving on?

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    They are your friends. If they can't deal with crushes like adults than they can GTFO. Start small - tell the girl you have a crush on that you're bi as well. Just let that sit for a while and see what happens. If she does realize that you have a crush on her, and she doesn't like the idea... there shouldn't be any reason you can't still be friends, as long as you can deal with it.