1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My ex girlfriend- I need advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Matt3191, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Matt3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I was in the closet for the majority of my life and only came out in October, and I haven't told everyone yet that I'm gay. I have had a friendly relationship with one of the girls I "dated" back in high school and our relationship ended about 7 years ago. So she has told me many times that she wishes we never broke up and that I'm the best guy she was ever with because I was so kind, caring and loving. So now that I'm out I have no idea how to tell her without hurting her. She hints to me a lot that she wants to end her current relationship to get back with me but obviously I don't want that, I don't want her to get hurt ending her relationship and then get hurt again if she wants to be with me. It's all very confusing sounding but I just don't want to hurt her, I did care for her a lot.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just tell her you're gay or maybe some euphemism that you aren't interested in any girls and see if she gets the hint. That's a pretty self-evident justification. It's weird, but when you start not caring if someone finds out about your sexuality, you also become more open about it and less worried about others knowing. I think you owe it to this girl to tell her the truth, especially if you knew you were gay during the relationship.