1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't he just accept me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bornthiswaybby, Nov 6, 2014.

1. bornthiswaybby

I came out to my parents over a year ago and my Dad is still homophobic. I thought we had made real progress and that he accepted the fact that I'm not gonna change but today, when a gay couple kissed on tv (for like 0.2 seconds), he showed disapproval by shaking his head. I was shocked because he knew I was in the room and still did it. I'm so hurt and so tired of not being able to be myself.

2. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    hey bornthiswaybby, we talked about this same kind of thing about a week ago. im sorry that he has not changed as much as you thought he had:icon_sad:. but remember that he has put effort in to change, for you. he is trying. sometimes he might forget, and you need to remind him on how that hurts you... even though its been a year, its still new to him, and he probably needs more time to adjust. im NOT saying to shrug it off, because its not cool for him to act that way, especially in front of you... but give him a little le-way this time and remind him. but always be yourself no mater if he approves or not! being your true self is most importune! :thumbsup:

things will get better! just hang in there and remember were all here for you (*hug*)