1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking shy girl out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by wandergirl, Nov 6, 2014.

1. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi guys,

So i guess i'm writing this thread on the right area now. Rather than in the Romantic Orientation area.

There's this girl at Uni i want to go out with for a year now. We study the same course but she's one year ahead, which means we don't take and never will take any subjects together.

I don't see her very often. i know her cause my friends at uni know her friend at uni. But we never had an actual conversation, though i added her on FB some time ago and tried - without success - some small talks with her.

90% sure she's gay, but she never showed any interest. I think she's too shy.

BUT last week i passed by with my friends and said hi to her and her friend. I smiled directly at her, and she smiled (in a kinda shy way) back at me only.

I wanna find a way of getting closer to her. I think i should talk to her on FB but in my mind, if i text her she's gonna be like: why the hell is she talking to me?

Any advice?

Thank you :kiss:

2. Nightshade

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think you need to find more common ground with her. Are there any enrichment activities or clubs at your Uni? If there are does she go to any of them? If she does and you also feel you would enjoy what it is then take the club up. It offers a great way to build a friendship with her and then consequently find out if she's interested in a relationship. Even if she isn't you'll gain a friend. But if you do this make sure to take up clubs that you enjoy on your own anyway that she isn't in, otherwise you may come off as a creeper and that will put her right off.

3. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah that's why i'm being very careful with all this. Don't wanna ruin my chance of being with her.
    I swim at uni, that's the only group kind of thing there is.

I was a tutor at a course in the afternoon last month. And i was so mad at myself when in the last day of the course i found out she was a tutor too, but in different day of the week. Too bad she didn't choose the same day as me :'(

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try to find a way of making a digital connection with her, maybe via Facebook or even text messaging. Most introverts (not all of them are shy, per se) like the benefit of communicating via writing without the pressure of direct contact; though, eventually you'll want to hang out with her. Actually, just asking her out on a simple date like coffee would be good.