1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First "crush" on a woman... umm what?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by oaklyfe, Nov 6, 2014.

1. oaklyfe

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I am in my first year at an all women's college, and through the past two years have realized that I am attracted to not only men, but women as well. I identify as Queer and in this point in my life I have come to the conclusion that I am not interested in dating men at this time. In the past I have only had "crushes" on men. When I came to school I definitely wanted to find a girlfriend. I had been in a long term relationship in High School where I wasn't happy, and after a year of self exploration I have decided I am ready to date again. Where I go to school there is no shortage of beautiful people of all identities and I admit I was not shy with the ogling. For the first time in my life I could be who I am and express attraction to someone without fear of judgment or ridicule. Everyone around was nice, FLIRTY:kiss: and awesome and I am totally attracted to many different people but no one that I was interested in pursuing a relationship with. Then I met her(!). It totally caught me off guard. I had seen her a couple times but thought nothing of it, been introduced through a mutual friend but still didn't really take note. It wasn't until I sat across from her during a LGBTQAI* meeting on campus that I truly saw her. She was articulate, smart, beautiful and I was totally captivated. I have a HUGE crush on her and as the story goes, she doesn't know I exist. Sure we have mutual friends but none that ever hang out together, so the only time I see her is in passing or in the common room of the dorm. Ive had exactly three embarrassing run ins with her the last one being her unlocking the main door for me while I carried a box and asking if I was even a student at our college... Ouch:eek::confused::dry:. She literally didn't even remember me. So I ask, HOW DO I GET TO KNOW HER??? And how do I pluck up the courage to even talk to her when we have literally no ties that would help start the ball rolling?

2. bi2me

Maybe ask a mutual friend to plan a dinner out with both of you and a group of people?