1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents.. Can't live with them.. Can't live without them..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Blossom85, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Blossom85

I just wanna vent.. Don't really need advice though, just wanna get this off my chest..

I can never win with my Dad when it comes to me being sick.. When I am sick and I decide I am too sick to go to work and then I go and see the doctor and the doctor tells me to have X amount of days off to rest and get better, then that's what I am gonna do.. If I feel better before then, I will go back earlier.

However, it always seems that whenever I do take time off from work when I am sick..My dad always has to have his say.. Thinking I should be at work and not taking too much time off.. And it always makes me feel bad.. But then if I decide to go to work when I am sick and risking getting my work colleagues sick as well, he then thinks I should be at home and why am I at work when I am too sick.. I can just never win with him.. No matter what I do, I can never win, it's a no win situation. If I go to work sick, he Lectures me, if I home cause I feel too sick or don't want to get others sick, he also lectures me..

I respect my parents and they are always really supportive but this really bothers me.. My mum gets bothered by me staying home too but she shows it in a different way.. Just giving me an angry tone or disappointed sighs or looks, but then gets mad at my dad when he says something.. So she is kind of hypocritical.. I am 29 years old.. It is my responsibility to decide these things and I don't think it's up to them to judge me when I stay home sick just because they both try to battle on and end up being sick for longer cause they don't take the time to rest. :tantrum::icon_sad::bang:

2. Burnedcloset

Girl * queen voice* I feel for you

My dad is so hypocritical. He will literally tell me I don't excersize enough. Then if I go excersize a little bit more he will be all like "you need to rest".

My dad's just a cranky old man lol

3. Blossom85

Thanks, knowing someone else knows what it is like makes me feel a bit better to know I am not alone. I love my parents, but sometimes they still treat me like a little kid and are over protective at times.

4. thekillingmoon

They're obviously trying to run your life and boss you around, which is to be expected if you're still living with them. I get it, my family often tries to do the same thing and we've had some bad arguments over it. I basically have to put my foot down and remind them that I'm an adult and can make my own decisions.

5. Blossom85

I live at home in this granny flat, but it is still attached to the main house, so yeah I think sometimes they do still see me as a little kid at times. My mum always does tell me I need to decide for myself, but I do sometimes am made to feel I have made the wrong decision. I think I do need to perhaps begin to put my foot down.

6. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Boy, I am trying so hard not to be "that dad" when it comes to my girls. I hope its working :slight_smile: