1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fate is too damned late

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GewfyGlenn, Nov 7, 2014.

1. GewfyGlenn

So, guy I have had a crush on since high school, moves away, fast forward to now, moves back. Sees me at work, suggests we have a beer mentions the lack of a ring on my finger, figures I would be the guy that has his life together, married with kids by now.

Well I have my life together, but obviously, into men. Anywho, he says he is gay, I tell him I am as well...and we further enjoy each others company. (No, no sexy fun time was had). I am a virgin, and I informed him so. We have met up a couple times and just chatted, he does want to hook up, but also understands my reservations. Now we are just enjoying each others company, texting, etc.

Come to find out he is planning on moving several thousand miles away again in a very short amount of time, and I am planning a move as well in just under two months.

We have come right out with our feelings and attractions to one another, and genuinely enjoy each others company...but both of these moves are very important to us as individuals, and it would be incredibly foolish to not go through with them.

I just wish that there was more time...like all the time in the world. :bang:
    You are a cruel mistress, fate.

/end rant

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, you could still keep in touch with him. Sounds like he's someone special, and, more importantly, someone who thinks you're special. You're planning to move. Do you have to move where you're planning to go? Could you go where he is? Of course, since he mentioned hooking up, maybe he just wants something short term, so you just have to ask if he would be interested in something deeper.

3. GewfyGlenn

Yea...he definitely is very special. He didn't directly say hooking up (it was definitely implied) but he wants ltr too. As for both of our moves, it is career moves that we are both already contracted to.

keeping in contact is great...but I don't feel comtorable trying to make a long distance ltr work, especially after only really getting to know each other after such a short time. I suppose I can ride it out and see where it goes.

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just wait and see how you feel once you're at your new job. It's better to leave on your own terms than before you've even started the job.