1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Missy, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Missy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi!
    I sometimes feel attracted to female friends and am afraid this will show in my face! Especially one of them, and I might like her more than "just a friend". She is hetero, and so are almost all the women I feel attraction for. Too bad:confused:.
    I am afraid I will scare someone away, don´t want to have these feelings!:confused: Not for friends!

2. shinji

shinji Guest

"more than just a friend" - Dealing with feeling attracted to someone you can't have can be dealt with, by obsessing over someone else, that is not a friend. Sorry for sounding vague. Just find something to keep your mind busy.

"scare someone away" - On the contrary, people like it, when other people like them. Also, people are kind of stupid, so it's far less obvious than you might think. Your own perception is not all that good in these circumstances.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, happened to me recently. Funny thing is that I've been friends with this guy for 4 years, and NOW I'm suddenly having these weird feelings.

I'm never going to tell him though because he's my friend. He's not gay either. I don't feel the need to tell me because it's not like I would actually date him anyways.

4. ouraborus

ouraborus Guest

Missy,
    If your feelings for that friend is strong,go for it :grin: Just before doing anything make sure she is not running away :wink: Don't be afraid. I like straight girls only and yes I took a chance. All my ex and current is straight, so who knows,love is love. :slight_smile:

5. Missy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it was the same way for me, I also didn´t feel attraction towards my friend in the beginning. It came a couple of years later.
    No, it will not happen anything between us since she is "superstraight" and a good friend I don´t want to loose.
    When I have a friend I am drawn to, it feels so damn hard looking that person in the eyes.

6. ImaJen

I am currently seeking advice here on EC about a similar attraction I have for my good friend, but I have the fact that she said she's "questioning" on my side. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone with your attraction for friends, I'm pretty sure many people (straight or lgbtq+) have felt the same. I agree with shinji that you should try and take your mind off of it if you do not want to pursue her, though I feel like a hypocrite because I know it's not easy!

7. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    dont persue tail that doesnt know that it wants you -hugs missy-

8. Missy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you- feels good to know I am not alone with my feelings.
    Hugs:slight_smile:

9. sofie

sofie Guest

You're not alone.. I have the same thing, or well, had. It turned out kinda bad so yeah.. Feelings for friends suck. But I agree with previous speakers that occupying and meeting other people is a great idea. You'll be alright! :slight_smile:

10. Missy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, Sofie I am alright. :slight_smile:. Not heartbroken or anything. I just find it a bit frustrating feeling attraction towards a good friend of mine.
    Gosh what a nightowl I am. Got to go to bed! Nighty night:slight_smile: