1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family frustrations

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CrazyAwkward, Nov 8, 2014.

1. CrazyAwkward

I love most of my family. I really do. But there are times when they make me so angry. Like the other day when my mom and my grandma and I went on a trip to help my grandma's sister. My great-aunt is one of those people who hate the short, nickname version of my name (which I've come to identify with more than my actual name) because it's a "boy" name. It's not, exactly, but I can understand why older people would be bothered I guess. It's annoying, but I can deal.

What really bothered me was bringing up that it's not my baptized name. Like that was a big deal. Like I chose to be baptized with it. Or to be baptized at all, for that matter. Why are babies baptized anyway? Shouldn't that be a choice people make for themselves? But anyway. I always feel so uncomfortable and even angry at times when the topic of god or religion come up with my family. Which is partly my fault considering I let them go on thinking I identify as Christian. They just wouldn't understand my real viewpoint regarding religion, and that's not a can of worms I ever want to open. But it can be frustrating. I guess I'm not really looking for advice here. Just venting a little.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't sweat it. Let them think what they may. Live your life.

3. CrazyAwkward

Yeah, I try not to let it get to me too much. Some days it's easy, others I want to smash my head against the wall.

4. Incognito Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    same for me. youre not alone. my mother tells me "its not you. its the demons in you. you need to let them out. i know the real you and this isnt it." people are rsponsible for their own beliefs and their own destination. they can't chose a persons soul to go to hell or heaven.

5. Really

Now that your world has shifted, the real you is in their blind spot. One day the world will shift again and they'll be able to see you properly.
    Try to think of it as them being the unfortunate ones in this situation.