1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to be single!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by samtheman3, Nov 8, 2014.

1. samtheman3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm 13 and gay and haven't come out to anyone yet and that's probably why I'm single! I've recently broke up with my girlfriend while I was finding my orientation and for various other reasons and now Im single! I hate it Soooo much. I just want to be hugged and loved by another boy. I just feel so lonely and don't know of a single gay person near me not even that I can just have as a friend I just want advice on how to meet other gay boys between 13 and 15 near me (west Berkshire, England) and feel less lonely. And I'm too scared to come out to everyone because I go to a fairly rough school full of prejudice and racist bullys and I can't imagine the crap that I will get for being gay and put me spiralling into deeper depression. HELP!

2. Kabuki

Hello! :slight_smile:

I don't really have much advice to give. I had been single all my life until a month ago. I felt lonely, that no one would like me or love me but, I let things move, I followed the flow, you could say and, I found someone I truly love. Now, I'm sure many will tell you that you are 13 and that you have a life ahead of you, and that's true but, we sometimes need a friend, someone that can understand us.

Does your school have a GSA club? (Gay Straight Alliance) I'm sure that, if they do, you'll meet many people there. You don't have to come out to be able to go since Straight people are allowed. The most important thing is to not force yourself to come out if you aren't ready. People can be very mean but, you can also find support on the most unexpected places. If you have close friends, close enough you feel safe to tell them about it, then do so. It might not feel much, and it might not help you in finding a boyfriend but, having people supporting you will make the loneliness go away. :slight_smile:

Give it a try, if you think it's okay to do so. :grin: I'm sure other members can help out too.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does your school have a gay-straight alliance/club?

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I don't want to play devil's advocate but...

Hey, you're only 13 years old!

You have a lot of time to find a boyfriend! I'm 19 and I have never kissed anyone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and it isn't a problem, because I want to have amorous experiences only with a person who I love.

If you're desperate for being without a boyfriend, maybe it means that you need someone who can "counterbalance" something that is missing in your live? Maybe you don't feel loved enough by your family?

5. zygnomic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand the need for someone in your life, but at the same time, you're only 13! You have plenty of time to find someone and be loved by someone :grin: Take your time relax, someone will come along before you know it!

6. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, you're only thirteen. Do you know the average person doesn't have a boyfriend/girlfriend until they're fourteen? (or so I've heard anyway)

And I'm fifteen and still have never dated. I know how you feel. At my school there are so many couples it drives me crazy! But as long as you want a relationship, you'll probably get one, even if it's not for a while.

Since you said your school is full of prejudice, I would assume it doesn't have a GSA. Judging by your age, you're not in high school yet, right? High schools very often have GSAs... Have you checked before? It's basically impossible not to meet gay people in high school, even if there is no GSA...

It might take you longer than a straight person to find love, but I certainly don't think you're hopeless. It takes patience...

7. ConfuseCupcake49

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like all the others have stated, be patience and maybe search online for local LGBT groups near you for you to join. It's better if you take time to get to know people and how they going to act towards you. You don't want to jump head first into a relationship. Just take little steps, then maybe you can found someone that you will cherish. ^.^

8. samtheman3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi guys, thanks soo much (&&&)

I'm in high school (year 9) (not sure what that is for Americans) but I have been for 3 years now and I don't think my school as a gsa club but I will find out soon!
    Thank you everyone! (*hug*)

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2014 at 11:42 AM ----------

No. I don't think it does.

9. Marigoman25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your to young discover yourself first before you look into a relationship

10. samtheman3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a rough idea but what exactly do you mean by "discover yourself "? Thanks

11. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    kid ur only 13 why are u thinking about relationships ? At ur age boys think about sex not about relationships. Just enjoy being a kid do not grow up so fast . There was an article about men 13-24 getting hiv. I suggest u enjoy school nd wait till ur a man to pursue relationships. Put ur nose through school