1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Developing feelings for a friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by cherry tree, Nov 9, 2014.

1. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi!
    I think I'm kind of in the early stages of developing a crush on a (female) friend of mine. I've started questioning my sexuality earlier this year and I have not yet figured out if I'm straight or bi but for now I'm fine with not knowing.

I've never had romantic feelings for another girl before. The friend in question and I have only known each other for about a year and have only been friends for a few months. I find it hard to put my feelings for her into words because I just don't know what exactly I feel. We see each other almost every day and since we play theatre together, there's a fair amount of physical contact. I don't get nervous around her but I want to spend time with her, be close to her, hold her hand, maybe kiss her.

I think (and probably secretly hope) that she's bi because she's told me about a girl she once made out with and that she has had crushes on girls before. She has had several boyfriends but, as far as I know, no girlfriends. She has made a few flirty comments but I always blocked them because I was scared I might fall for her. I had a crush on a guy who I thought liked me back not that long ago and I really don't want to get hurt again.

I'm confused and scared and frustrated with myself and I don't know what to do. Do you have any advice? Thanks for reading! I had to tell someone.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you might try to get to know each other better and take it from there... and opening up a little bit...

3. irunintospace

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Stick with it, I think if you get to know her you will learn more about her and she might like you back.x

4. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for your replies!
    I asked her about her sexual orientation and she's hetero so... that's the end of this story, I guess. I'm glad that I asked, though, because now I'm not really hurt because I don't have a proper crush on her. Also, there won't be any future awkwardness between us because I know that she won't be interested in me.