1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can I meet more gays?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by samtheman3, Nov 9, 2014.

1. samtheman3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi
    I'm a 13 year old boy from England and I'm gay but haven't come out to anyone yet.
    I was just wondering, besides joining a lgbt club, how can I make new gay friends and possibly evolve into a relationship. I don't know any gay people and when I want to talk to someone about my sexuality, I feel as if there isn't anyone there to "lean on"and relate to. I've asked something similar to this before but they all say join a lgbt club but I can't really do. Because the only local one to me is for adults and the nearest youth one is over 45 mins, on 3 different trains and simply isn't convenient at all.
    Any answers are appreciated. Thanks :help:

2. Incognito Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    is there a GSA group at your school? or a group of openly gay students?

3. samtheman3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No. :icon_sad: Unfortunately there isn't! I've already tried it.

4. Kabuki

I think that the only safe option would be getting to befriend people here. I know you want a relationship but, the only place for you to find other gay people would be sites aimed at gay people. The bad thing about that is, you are too young to register, unless you lie about your age, which is something I don't recommend, and they are mostly looking for hooking up on those sites.

If I'm correct, you want to have a serious relationship, cuddle and feel loved, not a one night stand with some stranger. I really can't give you any good recommendation but, at least I can warn you against doing something reckless, if you ever had the idea of doing them. :slight_smile: The only choice for you, a safe choice, would be to keep on making friends in school, here. You shouldn't expect to find a boyfriend here but, at least you'll have people who can, to some degree, understand you. ^_^ I'm sure some other kids at your school are gay, maybe they are like you and haven't come out yet, or are waiting to meet someone like them to make that step of coming out. In the end, making friends at school is your best, and safest, bet.

5. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    In your situation, I would talk to people on here (safely-don't give out any super personal information) and definitely try to get to that youth center at least once. I go to one once a week and it's been super helpful for me.

Maybe one of the schools in a surrounding neighborhood has a GSA that they'd be willing to let you crash. Look up the school's organizations.

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this is going to suck to hear, but be patient. Not many LGBT people are out at age 13, so it may be hard to find other people your age. In time, more people will come to realize and accept who they are. And they'll probably be glad that you're out an comfortable and turn to you for friendship and support. For right now, if the youth group in your area is inconvenient, see if your straight friends have other friends who are LGBT and maybe they can introduce y'all.