1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caught in the middle

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ladywolf, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Ladywolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have a dilemma. I was in the closet a long time and just recently came out (yay me). But when I was in the closet I was seeing my ex girlfriend who also happens to be my best friend for about 2 yrs. I broke it off about about 5 months ago. In the meantime I met someone else who is a mutual friend of my ex.

So ever since I've been getting closer to this other girl my ex has been very jealous/resentful about it. I really want to be with this girl, but I don't want to hurt my best friend in the process.

I'm not sure about how to tell my best friend my feelings on this mutual friend or if I should give her more time to get over me? Any advice would be great! Thanks.

2. xbabewtattoosx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think that honesty is always the best policy. We can't control how people react to us, but we can certainly control how we are perceived. If you want there to be a chance for continued friendship, I think that being open and honest with her would be best.
    Plus, in my opinion, you are putting too much pressure on yourself concerning someone else's happiness. I'm not saying you have to be ruthless or not care at all, but caring too much while making yourself unhappy is definitely not the way to go.

I hope you figure out something that works for you!