1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this guy at the gym gay/interested?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nico91, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Nico91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, here’s the deal, its about this guy at the gym that I used to see everyday but then from nothing i stopped seeing him… well, like 2 weeks ago I saw him again (ive always found him attractive). I sat on a bench to wait while a friend of mine who I train with everyday arrived, and this dude was next to me doing legs, so I sat and warmup with the bar (chest day) while I waited for my friend to arrive, then I stood up and I felt like someone was talking to me (but I played dumb because I was with my earphones), so that guy touched my shoulder, and I turned around and he asked me if I using some dumbbells that were around there, and I just answered him “no” (im a moron, I know). so, he took them and did only 1 series of exercise that had nothing to do with legs, so basically we were next to each other for a couple of mins and I saw he grabbed his crotch for a second (coincide?)… well, later, my friend arrived, and we moved to another area and the guy went to do cardio to the treadmills… then, when I turned around, he was looking at me and when I stared back, he looked away and I was like oh…. Then, he left and I felt like he was looking at me but I didn’t look at him because im shy, then he stayed a while on his car on the parking lot (at the gym I go to you can see from the parking lot) and he stayed on his car for a while… I don’t know whats up, he seems older than me (btw 25-30) and im 22, I always see he never interacts/speaks with anyone so I don’t know (he's also always with his headphones). Also, I don’t want to sound stereotypical but he was wearing white shorts, white sports shirt and a white cap…
    Well, last Friday I saw him again and he was was doing cardio on the treadmill and I was doing legs, and im pretty sure he could see me, and specially I could feel someone was staring when this another ugly dude came say hi to me, then, the guy I liked went to another cardio machine that would give his back to me and was closer to me (first time I ever see him using that one) and started stretching in front of me before using it (nice ass btw)… then I moved to another machine to the other side of the gym but I went outside to my car to get my gym belt and when I entered (the cardio machine he was at is at the entrance of the gym) he turned around and saw me, then when I walked pass behind him, he turned again to see after I had already passed by (I saw through the mirror) then we just shared glances throughout the day. Later, I went to warm up on this random machine (and I saw he turned around to see me) and then i continued to do the exercise I was planning on doing that's next to the machine I warmed up on, and the guy I like went to use the machine, we were next to each other but never shared a word....
    Finally, I saw him again today (I arrived first today, the other days he arrives first) and when we looked at each other he smiled but he was talking on the phone (which is something I do when someone I like is watching me)... So... Thoughts?!? Do you think he's interested or even gay? Remember I'm 22 and he's btw 25-30, if not even older.

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my god that's so tricky LOL. Yeah today I actually saw a buff guy readjust his junk so I instantly went "Damn!"

If I were you I thought he would be giving me signs that he's interested but scared as hell if it's just one of those friendly interactions at the gym.

I'd imagine that if he wasn't interested in you then he would have stopped making eye contact with you. If he felt uncomfortable in the slightest bit I think he would have stopped getting close to you, so I really don't know...

Maybe get him ask him to spot you on some of the exercises, and copy what he's doing lol. If he realizes this he'll talk to you, for better or for worse.

Good luck bro.

3. Marigoman25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's hard really because people can act so differently so I suggest make a list to check him if his gay

4. Skov

Hell yeah I think think he's interested haha. I can feel the sexual tension between you two reading this. Here's what we have:

1) Lots of eye contact with smiling.
    2) Thinking of an excuse to talk to you that clearly didn't relate to what he was doing
    3) The general vibe between you

All of the above are pretty clear signs. I think Jax's idea about asking him to spot you is good is you are interested as well. Let us know if anything happens!

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was always a fan of asking people if they would like to go for a cup of coffee--when I did it at the gym I asked them if they would like to get a smoothie. Sometimes people see through the ruse to the quasi-pickup that it is but generally people can choose to ignore that aspect of it and simply decline if they would like. The fact of the matter is that friends and classmates and coworkers go out to coffee (or smoothies) all the time, so it's not threatening. I only once actually got sort of called on it at the gym by a straight guy and even that turned out kind of cool. I asked him and there was sort of a long pause and then he just asked if I was operating under the assumption that he was gay. Well, I already sort of knew the gig was up but I fessed up. He sort of laughed, shook his head and said "wow, your gaydar's on the fritz, I may well be the only straight guy in here." I sort of laughed and apologized to which he replied, "no, don't worry about it, kind of made my day." When I looked at him quizzically he responded "if I was gay, I would have thought you would be out of my league." And we both shared a good laugh. We sort of made small talk whenever we happened to be there at the same time after that--but we didn't go get a smoothie.:lol:

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Give him a big smile and talk to him. You'll know pretty quickly if his eye contact was for real or just a friendly straight guy.