1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

she treats me different than other women

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by flee4517, Nov 11, 2014.

1. flee4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've asked a ? before about my crush because she was ignoring me but she has at least started to talk to me again. However, she is treating me different than other women. We work together & there's 2 other women that work with us--one straight & 1 bi. The straight one's last day was Friday & my crush was hugging on her & flirting, etc (something they used to do but hadn't for a while until friday--just joking around). Well she knows I like her but she did this right in front of me. It hurt & made me feel uncomfortable & slightly jealous--whether she knew or not I don't know.

Yesterday she was very flirty w/ our bi coworker & was hugging on her & calling her baby, honey, etc--something she does with most people & used to do with me until the day I told her I liked her. All of this was again in front of me & I had the same hurt jealous feeling. She'll joke around with me every once in a while & will text a somewhat flirty thing once in a blue moon but she doesn't call me baby, honey, etc anymore. She has never hugged on me like she does these other women or flirted with me like she does them. Why is she doing this? Or why is she treating me different? She's always checking on me (like if I'm sick or upset) but she never wants to hang out anymore or like I said treat me like the others.

There's times when I catch her staring at me (like when I stop by on my off day to get my check & I'm all dressed up) & when I look at her she'll look away. If I do go hang out one night with another woman (as friends) or go to a party & post something about it on Facebook she'll always ask me about it the next day. Stuff like "so did you have fun with so & so?" Or "I saw your post about the party where you borrowed someone's shirt. Did you get drunk & hot?" And she's always talking to me about her personal life. I can't tell if she likes me & is just scared to admit it (cause she's older than me & just got out of a bad relationship) or what. There's a lot of signs that makes me think she does but then why treat me different & not heavily flirt or hug me like the others. Especially the one who's bi & is always kissing on her, etc which is something my crush has told me she hates because she's not into kissing and hugging all over random women but yet she does it in front of me??

#1 flee4517, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well there might be a few reasons...
    she might be trying to maintain a distance while figuring this out...

you might just try to see if it improves over time... giving her some time...
    or you might try to get a bit closer and ask eventually...

3. flee4517

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I like that. Think I'll just wait for now and see where things go. Thanks!