1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by musiclover98, Nov 11, 2014.

1. musiclover98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am a bisexual female and so is my best friend. We have known each other for close to four years. I didn't know she was bisexual until about a few months ago, and I don't think she knew I was either until I told her. I told her one day that I was bisexual and she told me she was too. Before I even knew she was bisexual, I started to have some feelings for her that I knew were more than just friendly feelings. Now that I know she is bisexual, I feel like I am truly in love with her. Everyday I think about her and how I wish we were in more than just a best friend relationship. She always calls me her BFF and we like to see each other as much as possible. I just don't think she has the same feelings for me, though. I am way too scared to say or even just hint anything to her that I would like to have a romantic relationship with her. I don't know what her reaction would be. If you can help me out with any tips or advice that would be great. :help:

2. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi :slight_smile:
    Can't tell if she could be interested or not...not enough info for that.
    Hm okay, telling her that you think you're in love I wouldn't recommend, that's too direct and you don't know how she would react.

But doing nothing is also not the way you get to know where you stand with her.

First you should just try to drop some hints and show some unobstrusive signs...
    You surely have some physical contact (what's kinda normal for a friedship between girls), but maybe try to intensify them a bit, e.g. Look her in the eyes a bit longer than normal, when you're sitting next to each other touch her arm or sholder, lean on her sholder, maybe stroke her slowly and tenderly etc. (basicly actions she could interpret as something a bit more than just friedship, but not too obviously) and then see how she reacts. Based on her reaction you can assume if there is possibly some interest...
    But of course, the only way to get absolute clarity is talking with her about it..

3. bbyx33

Out Status:
    A few people
    I was in the exact same situation, and I talked to a friend about it since she's lesbian and I wasn't sure what to do. Little did I know my best friend had also been talking to the same girl and she ended up telling me that my best friend liked me and told my best friend that I liked her and it worked out pretty well. We had like a thing for a little while but she left because her dad was threatening her because he's a homophobe. Anyways, it sucked for a while because I'm still head over heels for her but our friendship is just as great as it was before everything, so I think you should talk to her, and even if she isn't interested in the same way, she'll still be your best friend

4. SunShadowDragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It sounds like you should take things slowly. But it all depends on her personality.

5. QueHaPasado

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    As for me, I'm not for the whole "hinting" thing. There is a chance she may understand and respond positively, but there are so many other possibilities. Some girls are so clueless they never pick up on those things (me...most of my friends, haha). Or it may have never occurred to her that you would be attracted her, and she could be put off, which I hope isn't the case!

If you two are very close, talking directly to her about it might be a better solution. That way, you have more control over her perception of the situation. If you started flirting, she might make assumptions you don't want her to make. But if you discussed your feelings for her with her, you could send the conversation in whatever direction you want. Of course, this could also have negative effects. It depends on her personality. I just wanted to present this as another option so you don't rule it out. :slight_smile:

In the end, you're the only one who knows your friend well enough to make that choice. Whichever way you choose, direct or indirect, or even not at all, I hope everything works out!

6. I'm in a similar position to you:slight_smile: my (most likely not particularly helpful) advice would be to drop some hints as seen above, and see where it goes. if you rush into it theres always the fear that it could obstruct your friendship *trust me I know* good luck and stuffs

7. zkdorko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The same thing happened to my best friend and I... but we aren't best friends anymore because I never made a move. I never actually told her I loved her and neither did she. I found out she was in love with me and she was getting jealous 2 years later.. after we argued. I suggest you tell her as soon as possible. Maybe jokingly even. You both ARE bi.. all you need is to gather up the courage. :slight_smile: good luck!