1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why don't you have a girlfriend >:(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Burnedcloset, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

Omg! I'm so pissed right now. I feel like punching a wall. :bang:

Ok I have to things to rant about. (Might be long)

1. My dad went to the store to buy fruit. When he came back he wanted to watch a movie. So I started the movie, then once I got it on he sent me back to get more fruit. Then for a phone charger. Ect ect. I did everything nice and calm. Then right before I left the room he says "why don't you want to watch the movie? You got a girlfriend or something. I'm just like -.- "no dad, where am I supposed to get this girlfriend from." (In my culture my family is supposed to find the wife)
    He says "well theres the girl from ____ restaurant, she would like you. I just play it cool and walk away. This is not ok. Why ask me to get a white girlfriend when it is completely unacceptable in my culture! He's blatantly said he would disown me if I would get a non-gypsy GIRLFRIEND! Let alone boyfriend. It just makes me so mad. Why would he say this? It feels like he's trying to make me feel bad?

2. Once I got to my room and I checked my phone. I had 2 missed call from my brother who lives accross the world and a text from him also. The text read "answer your phone fag, it's your brother". Now I'm already upset, and I get this text. So I call him very aggravated and say. "What do you want I've been busy helping dad with a movie." He then just keeps asking me over and over "who's your girl. Who's your girl". So I just stay quiet cause it hurts my feelings. He then asks "what you been up to" so I just said "great things, getting all the milf around town". But, on the inside I was dying!

I just hate it so much. Why can't my life be easy? I'm literally tearing up writing this but, I won't cry! What do I do? They will never understand me.

Why don't people use gender neutral terms when referencing to a partner? I just am so sad right now.

Someone cheer me up :tears: I feel so not "normal"

#1 Burnedcloset, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  2. clovis

Ah man... you are as normal as anyone else in this world! I cannot imagine the family dynamic that you are in and I feel really bad that you have to deal with this. How old are you? Are you able to make plans to move? and break free from the oppression that you feel? The only thing that I can suggest to you is to do your best to look at the positive in life. If you cannot be free today... one day you will... keep your eye on that...

3. ChameleonSoul

If it makes you feel any better know that I'm in a similar situation. Just keep in mind that at some point soon you'll be a legal adult and can do whatever you want with your life. In some cultures family plays a key role in a person, but remember that a person has two families; the one they're born with and the one they choose. Right now the best thing that I can tell you is to stay strong and surround yourself with supportive people if you can. (*hug*)

4. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trust me, what you're describing is so, so common.

It doesn't make it hurt any less though. It's not right. People can be so ignorant, but if it's any consolation they are literally just that - ignorant. They don't know any better. They should but they don't. I'm sure your dad and your brother aren't deliberately trying to hurt you, they probably have no idea what you're going through. It may not have even occurred to them that you're not interested in girls that come along.

There are some cultures where it's extra hard to be a gay person. It looks like you've found yourself in one. You're right - they don't understand, but maybe they will in the future. You no doubt feel surrounded from every side right now but it won't always be this way. :slight_smile: One day soon you will be able to go off and live your own life. Don't give into pressure other people put on you, just be brave and true to yourself. (*hug*) I'm sorry times are tough right now but you will be okay.

5. Notlad

The why don't you have a girlfriend is an awkward question here as well. I'll just have to live with it and realize that they don't know.

Your situation sounds so tough. I hope it gets better.