1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting over someone who is constantly around

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SPE53, Nov 12, 2014.

1. SPE53

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I need advice on how to coexist with a guy who broke up with me. I am still in love with him and we are involved in many of the same organizations so he'll constantly be around. How can I get over him and be around him?

2. shinji

shinji Guest

Will probably get shot at by someone, for saying this... but.

Hate is a powerful emotion that you can substitute your love with. And it comes easy, seeing as how he broke up with you. Turn cynical, stop caring for him and eat a ton of ice cream.

Just allow yourself to be angry at the situation and project this anger towards him. It's not right, and it makes you a terrible person... but, it does work.

Alternatively, the safer way to deal with it, is to find someone new to obsess over. At the very least, a hobby? Also, again... ice cream!

Just FYI, i've found that Oreo ice cream is the best, since, the slight bitterness bundled with the somewhat sweet vanilla, is just... it just works, don't question!

3. darth vader

i guess you need to get away somehow so your romantic feelings for him would subside.. is it possible for you to do that?